Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 18

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I've been totally craving cabbage! Trying to figure out how to prepare a yummy primal cabbage dish...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    There are millions of them! Every kind of cabbage soups (tshi; my fav is mushroom tshi), bortsch, solyanka, lazy or non-lazy cabbage rolls (just sub rice for shopped eggs), and, now that cabbage is fresh, there is nothing better than simply lightly steamed cabbage (cut into 6 or so wedges) then finished under the broiler with some butter!!!

EDIT: Not to mention quick pickled cabbage, Asian coleslaw with cabbage; stir-fries of any kind with cabbage and plain chopped fresh cabbage with coarse salt....

Lol, I love cabbage!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 14 check in

Food: \o/ another ice-cream free day (and no cravings for it either ). Bulletproof coffe for breakfast, BAS + smoked salmon for lunch and lamb steak + spinach + purple sprouting broccoli follwoed by raspberries + blackberries + blueberries + greek yogurt for dinner.

Exercise: 1 hour walking in the sunshine

A better day, but not perfect. Overdrafted planned calories by ~ 150 calories. We had a going away lunch for a summer student, you gotta see the face of the waiter when it finally dawned on him that when I said Angus steak sandwich without bread, I meant a sandwich without bread, LOL! The steak itself was great, but yeah, calories overdraft. I did see higher calories count than expected on the elliptical, but it's not like I believe in being able to 'burn off' the calories nonsense, sheesh. Never take them in, darn it! SHUT THE TRAP!

Very embarrassing episode in the library, after the elliptical (our rec centre has it all under one roof, very convenient! Erm, normally!). The self-checkout was not working so I had to line for personal check out... and all that extra time, and of course the post-workout sweat release kicked in just as I was talking to the librarian. A trickle down the back into the undies, and a far bit down the forehead... yakes. Yeah, I know, should have cooled down, but the extra calories made me do a fast run instead of the cool-down... so, here we go. Cooled down in public.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Ok, This is the post-mortem on my street fair bender Saturday afternoon.
    2 glasses of strawberry wine
    1 honey-vodka soda
    1 sampler platter of fried greasiness (small nibbles really)
    free samples of some fruit juice drinks and starbucks iced coffee (sweetened)

then 3 whole days of perfect eating to get back to 2 pounds off where we started (pre-bender was 3.5 off)

I actually continued to gain weight for two days in a row after, Sunday and Monday.

Note to self: not worth it. File under learning experiences.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Learning is awesome, Paleobird.

Cavebabymama, what about good ol' sauerkraut? With maybe some Applegate Farms Organic Beef Hot Dogs?

What's strawberry wine? Is it actually made of strawberries?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    What's strawberry wine? Is it actually made of strawberries?
    Yep. You can ferment just about anything that has some sugar in it. This is fermented berry juice. The same company also makes a cherry wine. Quite yummy over ice on a hot day but way too high on the sugar content. Like adult cool-aid.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Omg paleobird that strawberry wine sounds like a perfect summer treat! Yum yum yum

Jackie I was totally thinking to go to wholefoods today for some hot dogs and sauerkraut. I was trying to figure out what I could eat sauerkraut with (not straight by itself like I did as a pregnant woman, couldn't get enough of it!), then I realized some hot dogs would be divine! You mind reader you!

I'm having a tough couple of days. Baby grok is sick and is stressing me out to no end. I'm not losing weight and the exercise isn't much right now. Add to that, some INSANE cravings and feeling totally deprived. The only reason I feel sated right now is I ate some cream cheese. Greek yogurt does it too. Can I eat this daily? I'm going to up my fruit and see if that puts me in a better place. I tracked what I ate yesterday and it was about 2200 calories (a lot, I'm nursing, but I feel this should be lower), around 100g carbs but most days it is around 60-80g. I'm going to adjust what I'm eating so there's a little less fat and protein, more fruit. My new science experiment is to get my carbs in the 100-120 range and cals in the 1800-2000 range for a few days and see if I feel better.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aw, sorry to hear that Baby grok is sick. That's tough for baby, and a nightmare for you. If I may suggest...especially because you're breastfeeding...give your body what it craves. If it's dairy, then eat the dairy -- especially high fat.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast