Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 17

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm back from my vacation time (got home late last night). I didn't do very well. I gained a few lbs. I will be doing my weigh in and measurements tomorrow to confirm this. So happy to be back home with a house filled with only primal foods!!! I woke up early and took my dog for a 1 hour walk.
    Last edited by Metric; 08-13-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You know, I would leave it for about 2 weeks, so you don't end up tracking bloating and gods know which reactions to unknown stuff. After all, it takes 2 weeks to clean out gluten from the system, so....

And, yeah, it's great to be home!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Sigh... The good news is I got into a good groove over last week. Got in plenty of slow steady movement, 1 sprint and 2 LHTs. Got my snacking under control and my weight and measurements were really reflecting it. After my sprint my appetite was ferocious, and add to that my baby getting sick for the first time and me using the stress of that (and lack of sleep) as an excuse to snack... a lot. Primal snacks, yes, but way too many calories. Today I am bloated, don't even want to know what I weigh... So my goal is to make it through the next seven days just mastering the fundamentals, no snacking. I am tempted to try to get in more exercise, but last week my weight was really dropping and I was shaping up by just following PB to a tee. So that's it, dangit, NO SNACKS for 7 days. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

If you are getting ferociously hungry after workouts, adding more intense workouts is going to make things worse. Try adding more moving slowly instead and see if you can add protein before, during and after workout and if it helps. When you are under-slept it is very hard not to eat extra, and it can actually be detrimental to not eat extra, as you over-stress your system. And you know how body responds to extra stress of any kind? Yep, store fat!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Paleobird - street fair sounds fun but not the blargh reaction to food. Hope it goes soon.
    Thanks. Some combination of strawberry wine, deep fried cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers, and too much sunshine left me feeling a bit out of it last night.

On the upside I did get my sunshine, plus lots of walking and dancing. I just feel all puffy today. Not going anywhere near the scale. I'm just trying to do a hydration flush out with tea, coffee, and mineral water today. I don't feel like eating.

"Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the street.................."

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Leida, thanks, that confirms what I thought. I'll just stick to 2 LHTs and a sprint a week for now and up the slow steady movement. I think you're right, if I up the protein on training days, that should really help. Hopefully I can get 8 hours tonight!

Paleobird, honestly that street fair sounds like it was worth it! Yummm

I did ok today, could have done a little better (the siren call of the coconut butter will not be silenced!) but did get a great walk in today (again barefoot in the sand with the babe strapped on to keep it real primal y'all). How did everyone else do? A new week, what are your goals?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Cavebabymama, it's so hard when we don't get the sleep we need. Officekitty wrecked my sleep (again) this morning, so today I've been struggling after five hours of broken sleep. And today, I didn't function well. I made it to CF where I LHT **and** also had Tabata sprints, rah! - a twofer! Plus I did my daily walk -- only 2.5 miles today, and slower than usual, but still, rah! (Sleepy rah!) Foodwise, all Whole30, but extra fruit today (two apples so far, about to have blueberries, strawberries and blackberries with coconut milk drizzled over everything).

It is what it is, you know? I'm going to keep the cat in my office overnight and see if that will let me get some sleep. Fingers crossed.

Goals this week: Get some quality sleep!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Awwww. Jackie, I hope you and office kitty both get some good sleep tonight.

I had a rest and stay out of the sun day today. I just drank a bunch of water and tea and had wheatgrass and cultured coconut milk smoothie for dinner. Just a systems reset.

Back on the horse tomorrow.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 13 round up

Food: \o/ all primal, no ice-cream in sight for the day. The usual bulletproof coffee for breakfast, BAS + smoked salmon for lunch, chilli + green beans for dinner.

Exercise: a LHT session

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    heya, everyone. Hope good sleep happens to all of us. It is amazing how hard it is to get 8 hours of sleep. I am still not able to sleep more than 5 hours at a time.

On the up-side, my husband is doing fantastic, and I have had my first day without sugars of any kind, including darn fruit (yay!). We had a gym date, and I started to see strength to pick up some, thankfully, if nowhere near what I was pre-vacations. I am tired from the lack of sleep and coffee/sugar withdrawal, but will re-start cardio today, though with HIT, not sprints.

On the down side, my weight continues to climb steadily. It's morbidly fascinating how fast and unrelenting it goes up. If I weigh in high this control weigh in on Saturday, I will start counting calories again. The hope of course is that the appetite will re-balance, but to lose these extra 10 lbs I need cal deficit which means being hungry, so I can't rely solely on the appetite (not that I could ever rely on that sucker). Today or tomorrow will see the rest of my nuts consumed, so after that, there will be absolutely no pleasure foods left to over-eat on. Digestion is doing great too, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy cabbages again starting next week.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-14-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast