Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 16

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had an interesting day yesterday. I found a skunk in my live trap and didn't want to shoot it so spent a good part of the morning figuring out how to relocate it without getting sprayed and then doing it! Successfully! Yay. After that walking around a prairie moving cut thorn bushes from a mowed trail (some of this I did barefoot). And then taking care of MILs HYPERACTIVE dog so running around and throwing toys to wear her out. I needed a nap around 6pm so husband and I could go out!

I was supposed to do squats yesterday but oh well. I'll do them today.

Leida, that is AWESOME that your husband has come around! That makes things soo much easier! My husband hated the change in my diet at first. After a while, he just felt better and people started commenting on how much weight he lost/ how great he looks. Now he is trying to convert people.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 10 round up.
    Exercise was a success - 30 minutes of swimming.
    Food - 90% okay until my brain decided that as summer has decided to return for a brief few days then milkshake was required. At least I did make my own from 150g strawberries + gold top (channel island) milk + haagen daz ice-cream. And then I decided to finish off the ice-cream later in the evening. So there was rather a large dose of sugar, though at least haagen-daz does only have 5 ingredients.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Spooky arch I would l-o-v-e some ice cream! I mean seriously, what is UP with these cravings?? I was in the grocery store yesterday literally drinking orange juice with my eyes.

Diet and exercise are going well. I've curbed the snacking so the weight is falling off quite nicely now. I've really got to get a sprint in today. I'm glad this is a primal30 challenge, some things like an occasional wine, chocolate or yogart really make a difference as to how well I can stick to a diet right now. Those on the thread doing a more whole30 style challenge really inspire me, I have something to aim for. We are 1/3 there folks!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Day 11 check in:
    Another .5 lb gone. That makes 3.5 so far.

I just made what is quite possibly the best marinara sauce in human history. My neighbors have a very bountiful garden and keep planting more than they can possibly use then unloading the extras on me. Today I got a big bag of tomatoes that were still warm from the sun and a huge bunch of fresh basil. I had been planning on meatballs anyway but with the store bought sauce. This was way better. Tomatoes, basil, olives, feta, onion, garlic, pepper, and coconut manna. Oh, the yumminess.

So I have no idea about my calories and such for the day. If I use the store sauce jar as a general guide, I came out about right.

This was a total rest up day as far as any exercise. I think it's a good thing to have at least one of those in a week.

Day 11

Food: better than day 10, at least there wasn't a whole tube of ice-cream involved. Bulletproof coffee for breakfast, sushi for lunch (successfully avoided the soy sauce again and hopefully my sushi craving is under control for the month) and chilli + a strawberry milkshake (with just strawberries + channel island milk) for dinner.

Exercise: was rather lazy and just wandered round town, was meant to LHT but stupid left knee has been sore so I skipped it. Spent an hour lazing in the sun in the afternoon, so hopefully got lots of vitamin D .

Was a bit sad that the (stupid) scale says I'm 6lbs heavier than 1.5 months ago, however tape measure says all my measurements are the same (waist is down 0.25 inches) and clothes that were rather tight 1.5months ago are now a comfy fit. So I have no idea wtf is going on with the dumbass scale.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Still good here. Had 2 BBQs yesterday in which I ate only raw veggies and drank only water. (Our BBQ next week will include some Applegate Farms Organic Uncured Hot Dogs, which have ingredients I can get behind.) Slept in, thank the gods!!! Wound up having brunch (too late for breakfast) with my gold-plated bacon, 3.5 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in ghee, and fresh bell pepper. And black coffee. Nom.

So far, I've dropped 6.3 pounds, almost a full inch from my hips, and more than a half inch from my waist.

Spooky_Rach, ignore the scale. Go by the measurements and how your clothes fit.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Jackie, 6.3 pounds! Woot! And your willpower is phenomenal, really.

Paleobird, I'm totally jealous of your tomato bounty *drool*

The weekend is going well, going to try to get in an extra credit LHT today to make up for Five Guys last night (I did keep it primal though). Baby Grok is not. sleeping. at. all. at night so my sleep is crapola, but I'm hatching a scheme to get her to sleep better (involves a belly-full of egg yolks and coconut oil for her before bed). I'll weigh in tomorrow, but I have a suspicion my weight loss was good this week, Mr. Grok has commented :-)
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Day 12 check in:
    Went a bit off the rails today by going to a street fair. Ate and drank some things I shouldn't have and my body is not happy about it. Blargh.

Paleobird - street fair sounds fun but not the blargh reaction to food. Hope it goes soon.

Day 12 check in

Food: back on schedule , bulletproof coffee for breakfast, bacon + eggs for lunch (bacon cooked in leftover chicken fat and then scrambled eggs cooked in the bacon + chicken fat mix in the pan, was so nommy that I licked the plate after I'd finished), sausages + purple sprouting broccoli followed by raspberries, blackberries, blueberries + greek yogurt for dinner.

Exercise: couple of hours walking in the sunshine

Got 30 minutes sunbathing in too.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida, that is AWESOME that your husband has come around! That makes things soo much easier! My husband hated the change in my diet at first. After a while, he just felt better and people started commenting on how much weight he lost/ how great he looks. Now he is trying to convert people.
    Oh, he has been at it for a while now, just cheats relatively often & eats too much of good things, just like I do now, so no positive net changes. But we did a gym date on Friday night, with me lifting, and him hill climbing; I lifted on Sunday too & took him for a lovely walk. Gonna have another gym date tonight. There is a lot more time in the day when the child is away, that's for sure.

Well, my first day without fruit ended up by me eating fruit. It's funny that way, I have absolutely no problems refusing the foods that are bad for everyone, but if the food is just bad for me, I have a will-power of a newt. Eating too much over the weekend too - one of this cases when I just do a spoon of this, and the other spoon of that, and another. Well, rinse and repeat today. One of these days I will stop eating endlessly and stop gaining weight. So tired of not fitting into my clothes. I absolutely hate behaving like that. All the knowledge, all the good intentions, all the techniques... and nada. Lazy or just stupid?
    Last edited by Leida; 08-13-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast