Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 14

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, Paleobird! That is awesome!

It seems like everyone is rocking this challenge! Good job!

I didn't do a great job yesterday. Clean eating but no walk and a shorter-than-I-like meditation. Back up today, though, with a nice 20 minute med session and an hour-long walk. Still have push-ups to do later.

My arms are sore from the reverse pull-ups the day before yesterday.

Looking forward to Yoga and possibly a sprint tomorrow.

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! Identifying where you're going awry is a very big deal, because now that you are aware of it, you'll be able to counter it. Rock on!!!

I bought the e-book version of WF and I love it...but I really, desperately need a hard-copy version to flip through. Ugh.
    Thank you. I think I am just having a whiny day.

And yes, you need the hard-copy of Well Fed! I love that book!

angelav is offline Junior Member
    A question for the folks doing the 30 day challenge...is there a limit on the amount of meat and good fats I can have? Is it pretty much as much as I can eat until feeling 'not-hungry'?
    If this has been answered in another thread, my apologies! Thank you!!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Hi Angela, if you are just starting out, then just let your appetite be your guide! I know that's not super specific, but your hunger will tell you if you are getting enough protein/fats. If you are just starting out, just cutting out the breads/pastas is going to cause you to lose weight, as far as I can tell, no matter how much fat and protein you eat. As your body gets used to this WOE then you will have to adjust your macros for your body type/metabolism/goals...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Cavebabymama is wise.

When you're first starting, getting wrapped up in macros and whatnot can really become overwhelming. (Actually, so can reading the forum threads! ) Basically, here's what you want to do: Avoid grains, sugar and as much processed food as possible; eat plants and animals, and some nuts and fruit. Drink water (and black coffee/tea) when thirsty. Consider fat your friend. Walk often; sprint sometimes. Play. Sleep.

There you go.

Paleobird Guest
    Day 8 check in:

I did sprints in the street again, walk downhill, run up 10X 75 yards. My dog did the first 5 with me and then went on "shade strike" sat down under a tree and just looked at me shaking his head and saying, "I'm not mad and you are not English. What in the heck do you think you're doing?" Sensible dog.

So, I got my sun while sprinting. Great sleep. Held the keto line on macros and calorie targets.

I feel like James Brown singing, "Ooooooooooowwwwwww, I feel GOOD."

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 8 was an okay day I guess, for some reason I was really tired all afternoon - as in I could have gone for a nap on my desk at work, very unusual for me. So I decided on a trip into town after work and did some gentle waking around the town centre. Had sushi for dinner instead of whatever I had planned, I was hoping some extra carbs might help the tiredness thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I feel like James Brown singing, "Ooooooooooowwwwwww, I feel GOOD."
    I knew that you would now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Had sushi for dinner instead of whatever I had planned, I was hoping some extra carbs might help the tiredness thing.
    Did they help?

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I had a MAJOR set back last night. I went to go see the new Batman movie. I had been putting off going out to a movie because I knew the temptation for junk would be very high. But I was starting to feel like a bit of a party pooper because I kept trying to get out of going out. Well, one glass of wine led to two, which led to some popcorn and a lot of licorice. Gah! I feel soooo guilty today. Gonna keep the carbs and calories low today and get in a sprint. This morning I was a little depressed from falling off the wagon, but I'll just get up, dust myself off and get back on the horse. Hope everyone is doing great!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast