Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 13

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for all the terrific avocado tips!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Yummmmmy blueberries and cherries! Dang this challenge for being smack in the middle of summer when my two weaknesses are in season!

I made the kale salad with liberal avocado for lunch and topped with curried chicken. It was yummy, but I was still hungry too. Hmmm.

Just got back from a 3 mile walk (barefoot in the soft sand with my 19 lb baby strapped on for good measure). Today has been interesting, I've had that "deprived" feeling today. I want at least the "sensible vices" dangit! But I will stay strong. I'm looking forward to a fried sweet potato with fried eggs tomorrow morning, that should settle my cravings.

Ok, here's the TMI part. How is everyone's digestion? It seems like my new normal is like every 3 days now. That can't be right..?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    OK, so it's been a whole week.

Exercise : 2 LHT workouts, 1 sprint day, about 5 hours of walking. Not bad, all in all.
    Been doing well keeping to the keto macros and my calorie targets.
    Sleep has been excellent. Sun and play are both easy when there is a dog to be walked anyway. (I call him my personal trainer)

And holding at two pounds down for the week. I'm happy.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 7 check in

Food: bulletproof coffee, homemade beef burgers + BAS for lunch and chilli for dinner.

Exercise: round 1 of LHT for the week

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Ok, here's the TMI part. How is everyone's digestion? It seems like my new normal is like every 3 days now. That can't be right..?
    Give yourself time to adjust. Your body is working hard -- it will figure out your new normal, whether it's once every three days, three times a day, or what. I've been much more regular, and I'm very happy about that.

Love the walk you did! With baby FTW!

Yum, fried sweet potato with eggs! I should be receiving my shipment of gold-plated bacon today (the Whole30-approved bacon from US Wellness Meats), so I've been holding off eating eggs so far. Hopefully, I'll have breakfast for lunch.

Things are still going very well -- except sleep, as usual. Last night, the kids and the cat let me sleep...but my body didn't! Had to get up to pee like a racehorse at about 4 am. Sheesh!

Holding steady at a 4.2 pound loss for five days now. I'm very happy -- normally, I gain weight at my TOM. Not only have I not gained, I've been almost cramp-free and the inches are slowly going down. RAH!

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    Man, eight days in and I've had two bad days already. At least I'm being more aware of why I eat stuff I shouldn't. And I don't eat huge quantities of anything... I just mindlessly eat junk.

For example, I ate my banana and egg for breakfast and then ate a cake pop that my kids baked with Grandma. It's not even good cake! Why did I do that??? It's sitting like a big guilty lump in my stomach.

My meals have been right on track, so I'm doing OK there. I worked outside for 4 hours last night, so that's good too. I just need to quit eating junk that isn't good for me and doesn't even taste good either.

My weight is staying steady. My weight will stay the exact same for weeks at a time, then suddenly drop two pounds and stay there, so I'm happy with steady at this point.

Supper tonight is the Eggplant and Italian Sausage Strata from the Well Fed Cookbook. I love that book!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotted Pony View Post
    Man, eight days in and I've had two bad days already. At least I'm being more aware of why I eat stuff I shouldn't. And I don't eat huge quantities of anything... I just mindlessly eat junk.
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! Identifying where you're going awry is a very big deal, because now that you are aware of it, you'll be able to counter it. Rock on!!!

I bought the e-book version of WF and I love it...but I really, desperately need a hard-copy version to flip through. Ugh.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, great job with the exercise! I am way lacking in the sun department, I will try to get a couple of hours in this weekend to make up for it...

Jackie, 4 lbs!! Wooooo hooo! Your whole experience is going so well, so happy for you! I am sure your whole30 is helping along all those changes.

The fried sweet potato and fried eggs were super yum. I was getting serious egg fatigue so this new breakfast should keep me going.

Spotted pony, omg you had me at eggplant and sausage! Do tell how it turns out. I really want some eggplant now...

How is everyone's energy? I'm down from 2 cups of coffee a day to 1, just have plenty of energy. Of course half of the reason I drink coffee is because I LOVE the taste, so I'm kinda missing that second cup. :/
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Hey, cavebabymama. I just noticed your sig line. Congrats on the new Grokling. There seems to be a lot of that going on around here. Is Primal making people more fertile, more horny? Hmmmmm.

As to energy level, I'm feeling awesome. I cut back on one of my two seizure meds by 25% (3 pills instead of 4 per night) for the past two nights and I have been waking up much easier in the morning and ready to go. I guess they don't call that stuff Phenobarbitol for nothing. It is a barbiturate. I wonder if having less of it in my system will help raise my metabolism over time.

N=1 continues.

(BTW, I have checked with my neurologist on this and am keeping her in the loop. Not doing anything drastic or foolhardy. If anyone else out there has epilepsy please do the same.)

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast