Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 12

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, yay for your weigh loss! If I continue to lose weight this week, I will be happy. I just can't shake the feeling that last week's loss was just water weight :/

Paleomom, so happy for your weigh loss! I agree, after watching that number on the scale creep up, it is nice to see the tide turning.

Jackie, just eat up that avocado! During my very brief foray into raw veganism, I would often have a snack/meal of half an avocado and a couple of roma tomatoes cut up with salt and pepper all over both of them. I would let them warm up out of the fridge first, but in this heat cold food might be nice. I would also have a mock tuna pate in an avocado half "boat", so a can of tuna or even tuna salad would be super yummm. I love avocado, I put a half in my BAS every day!

sipps00 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    That's fabulous, Paleobird! Rock on! And yes, reading definitely counts!

Question - you had an avocado straight from the fridge for lunch, with nothing added? I bought two avocados, and I have no idea what to do with them.

You Can just add lemon and salt and pepper and eat it just like that!! delish
    Day7
    Wow time flies when you are having fun!!
    I have lost 3 lbs and I cant resist checking my scales even though I tell myself its not about that. will check BMI today at gym
    Not drinking enough water- Must have 8 glasses.

My doctor told me to increase the dosage of fish oil as paleo eating can skew the omega3:6 ratio.

Any thoughts

I feel like this week is off to a good start, I got a good walk in yesterday and a LHT. Today I have some errands to run that I could walk to do, and my goal is to get a sprint in too.

I like reading that a few of us are doing negative pullups, me too! I always felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with the chair assisted pullups. Now I'm up to 6 negative neutral grip pullups! I can feel my biceps getting stronger so I hope that means a real pullups is coming.

BTW, is our challenge group all girls???

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sipps00 View Post
    You Can just add lemon and salt and pepper and eat it just like that!! delish
    Day7
    Wow time flies when you are having fun!!
    I have lost 3 lbs and I cant resist checking my scales even though I tell myself its not about that. will check BMI today at gym
    Not drinking enough water- Must have 8 glasses.

My doctor told me to increase the dosage of fish oil as paleo eating can skew the omega3:6 ratio.

Any thoughts
    Thanks for the avocado tip!

Nice loss!

That's interesting, re fish oil; I've been taking a triple dose for a while, but that's to help counter my Raynaud's, under a rheumatologist's advice. (I ordered three bottles, but the shipment hasn't arrived yet, and now I'm out! Whine, mope.) Although I'd think that paleo would skew it in a better way -- more omega 3 than omega 6, unless you're gorging on almonds or some such. But what do I know?

Oh I just thought of another yummy use for avocado. Kale Salad! Yum yum yum!
    Raw Kale Avocado Salad Happy Foody
    I think I will go make some up for lunch now!

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Thanks so much! I missed your previous post before. Sorry about that! Okay, off to do something with an avocado.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Evening check in: breakfast was coffee and coconut milk, banana, nut butter. Lunch was Beef and sweet potato with coconut oil. Snack of apple and nuts and dried fruit. Dinner chicken wings. Not a great eating day. Didn't have any greens. I get SO hungry on my heavy exercise days.

Exercise: boot camp, lots of hill sprints with Turkish get-ups, mountain climbers, weights, etc. in between sprints. Also had a 45 minute with my dogs. About to go on another walk with kids.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Speaking of avocado: we eat a LOT of them. My kids love them We just eat them plain with salt. Yummy! Sometimes we make guacamole.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    I made this for dinner. And OMG, good!!! I had 4 oz of turkey dipped in spicy mustard as well. GOOD. But I must not have eaten enough, because I'm hooooooongry, and it's only been three hours since dinner. Humph. Going to do my TKD practice kicks, then have some blueberries and cherries.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    avocado is great in a smoothie - 1/2 avocado + coconut milk, add maybe 1/2 frozen banana or other frozen fruit, few ice cubes. add protein powder, and
    add water to thin it enough to blend...cool and creamy.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast