Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 11

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Umm Jackie way to go with all that exercise over the weekend! I can't wait until my kidlet is old enough to go on a 2 mile hike with me!

I'm one week in and wanted to update.
    I've lost 2 pounds, which is waaaay discouraging because I had a carb binge before starting and thought for sure I would lose more in water weight, etc. I feel like I effectively didn't lose at all. Nuts and I are officially breaking up for now. Is coconut butter a "nut"?

On a positive note, this is now the longest I have gone without any kind of a cheat, so I'm feeling a little empowered in that way.

I need to step up the fitness. I did make the minimums of slow steady movement, LHT and sprint. This week I want to get in more of each. You all are really motivating me!

jaye is offline Senior Member
    My eating has been clean except for some pork rinds on Sat. - questionably sourced
    Meditation daily and feeling good
    Started pull-ups yesterday and am having to do the negatives but feel like I can hold myself up and in position on the way down pretty long.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Checking in for the night so I don't do any late snacking! Up at 6:00am for a long walk with my dogs. Breakfast was two pieces of bacon and two eggs, espresso with coconut milk. Lunch was chicken and veggies. Dinner was leftover bacon, raspberries and coconut milk. Not high enough on protein today but I was feeling very lazy about making food so I ate leftovers.

Weighed myself and I lost two pounds my first week. I am ECSTATIC! I have been slowly gaining weight for the last year so it's great to finally get on a scale and see it go down. I guess counting calories may be a good thing for me right now. I am aiming at 1200 a day. Kinda low, but I am doing that on purpose because I know how inaccurate counting can be. On days that I work out harder than my walk I'll add one or two hundred calories. So far it's been surprisingly easy to stick to my daily calorie allotment. I think that the nature of Primal/Paleo helps keep me satiated and all that.

Looks like everyone is doing really well!

Cavebabymama, please don't be too upset about 2 pounds loss. I think that is fantastic! Just think, two pounds each week for this whole month and you could be 8 pounds less in just a few weeks! Hang in there

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Ugh totally didn't work out enough this weekend. I did go to Ikea today, meandering around that massive store has to count for something right??? In all seriousness, I have to step it up this week. I'm toying with the idea of doing the lean gains 10 hour eating window and doing LHT in a fasted state, but I feel I should probably become a bit more of a "fat burning beast" before going there. Diet is great though. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see where I stand.
    Walking around Ikea counts! (Well, it should! That place is HUGE!!!)

Actually...I think this is key: doing more "because I can" exercise daily. Walking around a huge store instead of just beelining to what we need. Parking all the way at the back of the lot and walking to the store. Taking the stairs. Sprinting down half a block as if we needed to catch a bus (and actually catch the bus!).

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    I've lost 2 pounds, which is waaaay discouraging because I had a carb binge before starting and thought for sure I would lose more in water weight, etc. I feel like I effectively didn't lose at all. Nuts and I are officially breaking up for now. Is coconut butter a "nut"?

On a positive note, this is now the longest I have gone without any kind of a cheat, so I'm feeling a little empowered in that way.

I need to step up the fitness. I did make the minimums of slow steady movement, LHT and sprint. This week I want to get in more of each. You all are really motivating me!
    Hey, 2 pounds is AWESOME loss!!! Seriously! We all lose at different rates, depending on a boatload of things. There will be days when we don't lose at all; there will be plateaus; there will be weight gain. And it's all normal. Try to roll with it.

And give yourself massive credit for doing TPB fitness! Fabulous! **waves pom poms**

Paleobird Guest
    Day 6 check in:
    An avocado for lunch, ahi steak and salad for dinner, now sipping of decaf with cream. T'was a good day. I did a two 'fer multitask by taking my dog for a walk and getting some sun at the same time. Plus anytime with my puppy counts as playtime. Sat in a coffee house and read a book and had some iced tea while both the pooch and I cooled off. It was pretty hot here today. So, reading counts as "using your mind" no?

And down another half lb this morning for a total of 2 so far. I know 2 lbs is not that big a deal and water weight can vary etc. But this is a stead progression of either holding or losing .5 lb a day for 6 days. That is a trend not an aberration.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 6 (which = yesterday, my slow coach check-in tendencies haven't improved yet )

Food: bulletproof coffee for breakfast (yep, I'm an addict to the stuff after only trying 5 days ago), lunch was a BAS with smoked salmon, dinner = left over roast chicken + broccoli + cabbage

Exercise: went for an hour's walk after work

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And down another half lb this morning for a total of 2 so far. I know 2 lbs is not that big a deal and water weight can vary etc. But this is a stead progression of either holding or losing .5 lb a day for 6 days. That is a trend not an aberration.
    That's fabulous, Paleobird! Rock on! And yes, reading definitely counts!

Question - you had an avocado straight from the fridge for lunch, with nothing added? I bought two avocados, and I have no idea what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Day 6 (which = yesterday, my slow coach check-in tendencies haven't improved yet )

Food: bulletproof coffee for breakfast (yep, I'm an addict to the stuff after only trying 5 days ago), lunch was a BAS with smoked salmon, dinner = left over roast chicken + broccoli + cabbage

Exercise: went for an hour's walk after work
    Hey, your check in is better than mine! Yes, BP coffee is pretty awesome.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quick check in to say I'm still going strong - food all OK, exercise OK. Sleep is a little better because I'm going to bed earlier, but my kids have conspired to wreck my night. Past two nights, I've been up at about 4 am -- first because one of the Tax Deductions had a nightmare, and then last night because one of the Tax Deductions had an accident. (And this morning, my ancient Officekitty [19 years old] **also** had an accident, right under my home-office chair. Sigh.)

But overall, my mental attitude is positive; emotionally, I'm feeling good; and physically, I'm doing well. What's not to like?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast