Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30(+1) Challenge for August! page 10

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleobird,
    Thanks for the response. I'm looking through the threads you linked. Everyone has such different opinions, different diets, different bodies. I think I can come to the conclusion that I just need to figure out what works for me. I feel like I've been on a quest to figure that out for so long now. I've tried to take a more natural, intuitive approach to my eating for the last year or so. The eat when you are hungry stop when you are satiated "normal" eating approach. I've gained almost twenty pounds, ten of it on paleo. I would like to eventually make this work, but obviously I'm dealing with something off kilter. Emotional eating most likely.

So, I'm going to count calories but try not to get too obsessed about it. Been there, done that. Not good.

Thanks again. I might start a journal on this site. Just trying to figure out if it's really necessary or worth my time. I do keep some personal notes on Evernote.

Thanks again!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Jackie - confession - I had soy sauce with my sashimi this week! I realized afterwards that was a no-no. I'm of the mind that I'll do my best, but try not to be a basket case... or a hermit, lol.
    LOL! Oh, the accidental soy sauce. Do you have coconut aminos? It's a great wheat-free substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleomom4 View Post
    I think I can come to the conclusion that I just need to figure out what works for me.
    This. Very much this. Primal/paleo/Whole30/what have you -- it affects people differently. Good for you for being willing to experiment and figure out what way of eating is best for you!

Sooze is offline Member
    Definitely agreed! This is quite an experiment, but it's fun discovering how our bodies respond. So much more positives than I imagined.

Day 4 went well, and 5 is on track. Weight still mostly unchanged for week 1, while hubby is losing like gangbusters (grr).. but I feel great, belly is unbloated and yet full of good food. Hoping some fat and pounds go away soon!

Food: I made salmon yesterday with a fantastic Caribbean marinade and paired it with carrot "pancakes".. maybe a slightly unauthorized use of coconut flour, but the entire recipe (of which I had less than 1/8) called for 1/4 cup, and otherwise it was eggs, coconut oil, and carrots. SO yummy.. amazing what you can make without grains. My in-laws (who live with us and have no interest in paleo) licked their plates.

Exercise: I ran yesterday but imagined I felt very Primal as I did a Zombie Run soundtrack where the soundtrack has you evading zombies and running away from plane crash, heheheh.. today's plan is PBF LHT - pushups, pullups, squats, planks.
    Going swimming with the kids first though!
    Have a good one, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    This. Very much this. Primal/paleo/Whole30/what have you -- it affects people differently. Good for you for being willing to experiment and figure out what way of eating is best for you!

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Checking in for the night. Breakfast was coffee with coconut milk and some kombucha tea. Lunch leftover paleo spaghetti. Donned was steak and braised cabbage. Just had a few pistachios. Didn't exercise. Still tired from my long bike ride yesterday. I think I had a pretty good day today. Not too many cravings for sugar, not like yesterday. Have a great night and happy Monday tomorrow

Today I made up for the walk that I couldn't get to yesterday - I did a quick 2.5 mile circuit, and then later this morning, I convinced my kids to come with me on a 2+ mile hike. It was great - except apparently a mosquito got into my shirt, because my back is riddled with bites. Humph.

It was a carb day for me, so I had a sweet potato with dinner, as well as a cup of cherries earlier for a snack (and I'm about to have a cup of blueberries). My fat intake was almost non-existent today (about 1 T of coconut oil for this morning's eggs), so I had a handful of raw macadamias to complete my dinner -- and it was the **perfect** ending to the meal. Felt terrific. The blueberries are a splurge, but after this exhausting weekend, I want me a splurge.

Paleobird Guest
    Day 5 check in:
    I had an offal day diet wise. Liver pate for lunch, heart cooked in bone broth for dinner with 'shrooms and asparagus. Happy tummy.

Did my LHT today and kicked butt. I like ketosis. Rawrrrrrr. Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

Have gotten too Level 4 ("Mastery") on the planks and squats. Working level 3 (incline) push-ups. Graduated to level 2 overhead presses today. I'm working the negatives on the pull ups but I still have to use a Woody Band to avoid the dropping like a rock issue.

Oh and I lost another half pound yesterday and another half today. That makes 1.5 lbs so far.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Ugh totally didn't work out enough this weekend. I did go to Ikea today, meandering around that massive store has to count for something right??? In all seriousness, I have to step it up this week. I'm toying with the idea of doing the lean gains 10 hour eating window and doing LHT in a fasted state, but I feel I should probably become a bit more of a "fat burning beast" before going there. Diet is great though. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see where I stand.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Weekend check in time for me.
    Exercise front went good - did a 30 minute swim on Saturday and then LHT on Sunday.
    Food - pretty good, there may have been 2 roast dinners involved - Saturday's one involved 1/2 roast chicken (complete with yummy crispy skin) + veggies, Sunday's I didn't cook myself and was roast pork + veggies + roast potatoes.

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    Checking in from the weekend:

I kept my eating under control very well, even with going out one night. I did overindulge in the fried jalapenos though. I regret that I felt the need to eat so many!!

Saturday and Sunday, we unloaded 200+ 50 lb hay bales, so my LHT quota is met.

Last night, we cooked a big pork tenderloin in the crock pot, so we'll have lunch and snack meat for the week. I need to boil a dozen eggs and roast some veggies, and I'll be good to go for the week.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast