Thread: My Primal Workout Regimen page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

My Primal Workout Regimen

Primal Fuel
    A few people on the boards have asked me what my workouts are like these days. I happened to write about that topic on my blog today for anyone whose interested:

Al Kavadlo We're Working Out! Ask Al: How Do YOU Train?

If you have questions or comments, feel free to leave them on my blog. Thanks for reading!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm surprised one of the most oft asked questions isn't about facial hair maintenance.

seriously though, i really liked this. i need to get into some of the specific training things a little more. i have a question though...you're obviously at a pretty advanced level; what does the training look like for one of your beginner or intermediate clients that wants to do what you can do one day?

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i'm surprised one of the most oft asked questions isn't about facial hair maintenance.
    Haha - that actually does come up quite a bit! It's a lot of work to keep up these sideburns, but it's a labor of love. I'm probably going back to the full beard once the summer is over.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    seriously though, i really liked this. i need to get into some of the specific training things a little more. i have a question though...you're obviously at a pretty advanced level; what does the training look like for one of your beginner or intermediate clients that wants to do what you can do one day?
    It depends on the client, but I tend to do more structured workouts with the people I train. I also almost always do full body workouts with my clients as most of them only see me once a week. We usually focus on basic movements like squats, lunges, push-ups, pull-ups, etc. A few of my more advanced clients are working on muscle-ups, pistols, handstands, etc.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Another great post Al. Like the way you've posted tips for various levels of fitness rather than just posting your workout regimen.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    My 9 year old son and I have looked at several of your YouTube videos with awe and enjoyment. You move your body so effortlessly. It amazes us that there are kids in the background who are just ignoring what you are doing. If anyone did that in Liverpool in the UK where we are from you would have dozens of spectators.
    As a 46 yr old mum weighing 156lb my exercise routing consists of circuit training x 2, Zumba x 2, and once/ twice a week of heavy weights- squats, deadlifts, plank, push ups. I do try pull ups but can only do them with a lot of assistance.
    Thanks again for your entertaining videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Another great post Al. Like the way you've posted tips for various levels of fitness rather than just posting your workout regimen.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    My 9 year old son and I have looked at several of your YouTube videos with awe and enjoyment. You move your body so effortlessly. It amazes us that there are kids in the background who are just ignoring what you are doing. If anyone did that in Liverpool in the UK where we are from you would have dozens of spectators.
    As a 46 yr old mum weighing 156lb my exercise routing consists of circuit training x 2, Zumba x 2, and once/ twice a week of heavy weights- squats, deadlifts, plank, push ups. I do try pull ups but can only do them with a lot of assistance.
    Thanks again for your entertaining videos.
    Thanks very much! Sometimes my workouts attract onlookers, but yeah most people in NYC have seen everything already (or at least they act that way!).

I'm glad you and your son enjoy my videos - keep training hard and maybe you'll get an unassisted pull-up on day!

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    A, always enjoy your posts ( and videos)