Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about fats and carbs page

mrexec1986 is offline Junior Member

question about fats and carbs

Shop Now
    Ok say if I am eating relatively high carb (~250-300g) and lower fat (~80-100g), should most of my fats, if not all, be saturated in nature? I am 6' tall and ~150 lbs. I do interval sprints once a week (10-12 sprints @ ~70-80m or so) and bodyweight exercises twice a week or so (30 - 40 mins per time). I am on my feet pretty much the entire time at work. I do realize I should move slowly more often, and I am working on that. But living out in the middle of nowhere on flat ground and walking is very boring.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Healthy fats are healthy fats. Eating fatty meat and eggs will give you the right amounts of saturated fats. Throw in some butter and coconut oil for cooking and you are complete.

Alright thanks for the quick response. I admit I don't really like to eat fatty cuts of meat all that much, but I do like to eat a lot of butter and dairy quite a bit. I also like crispy rice cereal way too much, and I would say that is where the majority of my carbs come from.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i think that however much fat you're eating, the majority should be saturated & monounsaturated.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i think that however much fat you're eating, the majority should be saturated & monounsaturated.
    Cool, thanks for the comment. Another question I have is that should I still be doing this if I eat all conventional foods (conventional meat, dairy, veggies, etc.)? If this makes me sound like an idiot, I apologize. I am just trying to understand things better.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrexec1986 View Post
    Cool, thanks for the comment. Another question I have is that should I still be doing this if I eat all conventional foods (conventional meat, dairy, veggies, etc.)? If this makes me sound like an idiot, I apologize. I am just trying to understand things better.
    This may help The Differences Between Grass-Fed Beef and Grain-Fed Beef | Mark's Daily Apple

"Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good"

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    This may help The Differences Between Grass-Fed Beef and Grain-Fed Beef | Mark's Daily Apple

"Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good"
    Thank you for that. It is just hard to wrap my head around eating mostly saturated and monounsaturated fats while still eating carbs. I know CW would definitely be against that, but it is starting to make sense why these fats are much safer to eat.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for that. It is just hard to wrap my head around eating mostly saturated and monounsaturated fats while still eating carbs. I know CW would definitely be against that, but it is starting to make sense why these fats are much safer to eat.
    You mentioned your fat (80-100) and carb (250-300) intake but what about your protien?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    You mentioned your fat (80-100) and carb (250-300) intake but what about your protien?
    I probably eat somewhere around 150-175g of protein daily. Are my macros too out of whack here?

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    e
    I probably eat somewhere around 150-175g of protein daily. Are my macros too out of whack here?
    That really depends on you goals. I do believe your carbs are pretty high but then i dont know your activity levels either.

So goals?
    Activity?
    Age?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast