Thread: Sweet Potato vs Wild Rice vs Quinoa page

garod82 is offline Senior Member

Sweet Potato vs Wild Rice vs Quinoa

Shop Now
    I think I know the primal ranking of these 3 and I think it's the order I listed it in but I wanted to get other PB'ers opinions. I'm looking to add one a starch to my diet about 3 times a week (the days I lift weights) and just wanted to see what the best PB choice is.

Thanks,
    Jerry

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    you got the order right, but are those the only starches you are looking at? sweet potatoes are great because they are probably the tastiest and most nutrient dense of those three, but there are other kinds of potatoes to look at...and all kinds of squash.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Unless you're particularly sensitive to oxolates, sweet potatoes are definitely the best, most nutritious, most satiating and tastiest choice. Also the lowest GI which probably isn't as important pwo though.

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    I like doing spaghetts squash as well. But to me nothing is better then my Bison Sweet Potato Hash.

chia is offline Senior Member
    a couple of times per week i have a half a cup of black rice...I know it's not primal, but with veggies and some protein, it is a special treat. I LOVE roasted sweet potatoes too.. or whipped....either way...fabulous!!!