Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut flour or Almond Flour - Australia (Perth) page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I need help. I can't seem to source coconut flour or almond flour. Anyone here who lives in Australia and may know?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

I haven't been able to find true almond flour (super-fine grind) in my area either but almond meal is very easy to come across and I use it often. As long as you can get your hands on almonds you can make your own almond meal! Grind some blanched almonds in your food processor until finely ground but don't go too far otherwise you'll get a marzipan-like paste and then eventually a butter. A lot of health food or bulk stores will carry "ground blanched almonds" which is what almond meal is if you don't feel like making your own.

Tarlach is offline Member

We use the almond meal that you get in the health food shops.

We buy it from the manufacturer, 10kg at a time

sarahz - I live NOR. Where are you?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

I am south of the river where do you buy it from?

Darthash is offline Senior Member

it is hard to find both in australia, there is alot of things i try and find, but have trouble. :S

Brewtality Guest

Can't help with almond flour, but you can make your own coconut flour by throwing shredded coconut in a food processor.

Most comercial coconut flour has had the fat removed wheras homemade will be full fat and result in food that is not so dry.

Tarlach is offline Member

From Almond Co in SA

(http://www.almondco.com.au/)

But unless you are using a lot, it's easier to get it from the local health food store. Almost all of them stock almond meal.

I've also bought coconut flour once from the local organic shop. We don't use it, so I don't keep an eye out for it anymore.

Are you far south of town? It's always nice to catch up with others who eat similarly to swap recipes, go in on purchases with, etc.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

I live in Canningvale but we can catch up somewhere 1/2 way some time if you like. I have only just started and today is officially day 7, although today wasn't very primal. I never eat pies and for some reason today I had a meat pie for lunch. I think it had something to do with the fact that i have been up the last 3 nights nearly all night with my little one and it was a tired thing. Also had some chocolate tonight not because I craved or wanted it but hubby brought it home and it was there. I have been looking through blog's for recipes and will keep the hunt going. I have been finding that this diet is relatively easy to stick to! I just need to get over this fat phobia I have!

FinallyFixed is offline Junior Member

I don't know if they ship out of the US, but I just ordered 5 lbs of the blanched almond flour & it is amazing!! Completely different than the stuff I bought locally @ Whole Foods (Bob's Red Mill, did not care for it at all)...

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/flour-specialty.aspx

Good luck!!

lumpee Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast