Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 meal a day page

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member

1 meal a day

I love to eat and ALWAYS tend to eat until I am pretty full - not gross stuffed - but I always have a nice little food baby when I am done!

I am trying to move all my meals to 1 a day. I would prefer this be at night - but I struggle with this so I am going to use the intermittent fasting primer and move my meals 15 min at a time when I feel like I can and get it eventually to around 6 pm so I can eat with my hubby!

I was already (most days) eating 2 meals - so I am just going to go ahead and eat 1 big meal to begin.

745 AM:

2 cups of black tea

1 big avocado

2 handfuls of cashews (yikes - getting these out of the house for a while haha!)

1/2 pound ground beef w/ 1 egg mixed in

3 pieces of pastured bacon

2 handfuls of blueberries

1 Synergy Original Kombucha

-- as you can see I got too full to eat any veggies - this is not important to me - I have some stocked beef heart, liver, and lamb kidneys and I will be making some bone broth so I think I will get my nutrients just fine.

I am not avoiding veggies - they still have great nutrients in them.

I have no idea what I weigh - probably around 124-125 at 5'2" - I know I have gained a little fat lately because I have been eating 2 or 3 MASSIVE meals and with or without carbs it is still too much food.

If anyone reads this with experience in 1meals a day and wants to give me some advice please feel free!!
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    At first I was all "That's not enough food!" but then I was like, "Oh, you're 5' 2" female and already pretty thin, and some people have slower metabolisms and such." so now I'm like, "Looks good, girl. That's not bad at all. Got some liver and fish on the menu?"

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    At first I was all "That's not enough food!" but then I was like, "Oh, you're 5' 2" female and already pretty thin, and some people have slower metabolisms and such." so now I'm like, "Looks good, girl. That's not bad at all. Got some liver and fish on the menu?"
    haha - I put all the food in fitday after and it came up around 1900 cals. I can put away anywhere from 2000-2500 some days so it was a lighter day.

This is kind of my reason for going to 1 meal. I love food way to much to eat 3 small meals a day.

I will be frying some liver tomorrow and starting a pot of bone broth tonight. I had sardines yesterday and had a little fermented cod liver oil this morning (I didn't jot it down).

BTW -- love seaweed snacks! YUMMY
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Okay I am closing in on the end of the first day.

I went low carb today to keep away the hunger pangs and this did work, BUT -- I was exhausted all day. Wow, I didn't think I could get such a bad carb flu again. (switched to decaf coffee and black tea - so I am sure this did not help!)

Just going to stick this out though - carbs make me hungry.

Going to move my meal to 8:00 am tomorrow - 15 min. later -- I have eaten 1 meal many times, but it is always early - so I am nervous about pushing it all the way until night time, but for social reasons I need to move it.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I'll be reading your journal. We are about the same height and weight, I probably have more body fat after 2 kids and given my age (37). I'm interested in IF and reducing meals but not ready to do it yet as I'm still nursing a baby.

I look forward to seeing how you adapt and learning some tips.
    Last edited by avocadogirl; 07-26-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    I'll be reading your journal. We are about the same height and weight, I probably have more body fat after 2 kids and given my age (37). I'm interested in IF and reducing meals but not ready to do it yet as I'm still nursing a baby.

I look forward to seeing how you adapt and learning some tips.
    The more the merrier!

I will say it made it a lot easier upping my fat and lowering my carbs. I was just not hungry. I woke up this morning and made myself eat at 8 on schedule. I have NEVER had to make myself eat - I have a huge appetite.

I do have quite a bit of muscle. I love to lift heavy - I have 2 kids also and gained quite a bit with both! I am turning 30 here in a couple of months and it is getting harder to maintain and even harder to lose. I am trying to get tricky about my diet so I can change my body composition a little more.

I have heard (though it wasn't true for me) you can lose a lot of fat nursing - so bonus for you both!

Good luck!

8AM -

Wow - I was still not hungry when I ate. All I can think is I must have eaten too much yesterday. I measured my food and dropped it down a bit.

Food:

Decaf American w/ whatever cream they put in it at starbucks - I am guessing a couple of tablespoons of half and half.

Liver and onions cooked in tallow

8-10 ounces of T-bone

Salad w/ 1 avocado, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, spinach, 3 pieces pastured bacon

1/2 cup blueberries and 1 oz macadamias

-- will have another decaf americano w/ cream later

I am not trying to be anal - I just WANT to be hungry tomorrow or I won't be able to choke down liver again - I eat it, but I don't love it.

Totals: 1532 Cals, 112 Fat, 43 Carbs, 93 Protein

Feel satisfied and not stuffed.

Just a quick note:

slept 10 hours last night - forgot to mention it - woke up for about an hour - took some magnesium and went back to bed. I normally sleep around 6-7 hours.

also I feel very energized this morning - I was afraid from eating low carb and switching to decaf coffee I would feel like crap for weeks - and I still might - but for now I feel great.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My experience with one meal a day is from a very long time ago and nutrition wasn't an issue, it was just how I ate. A couple or three lattes per day and supper. I did that for years. I was never hungry. On weekends, I'd occasionally go out for brunch and so I'd eat two meals that day. Since I've always preferred egg dishes over muffins, fruits, etc., the brunches really didn't hurt.

It's no longer comfortable for me, and I eat two meals a day now. The first at about 2-5pm, whenever I feel like eating. The second is somewhere between 8pm and 10pm, mostly because with such reduced carbs, I'm not hungry and so will eat a hunk of meat or some eggs just to make sure my protein intake is good.

I think you'll like the freedom of one meal a day. If you can get all your nutrients, go for it. It's very liberating.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My experience with one meal a day is from a very long time ago and nutrition wasn't an issue, it was just how I ate. A couple or three lattes per day and supper. I did that for years. I was never hungry. On weekends, I'd occasionally go out for brunch and so I'd eat two meals that day. Since I've always preferred egg dishes over muffins, fruits, etc., the brunches really didn't hurt.

It's no longer comfortable for me, and I eat two meals a day now. The first at about 2-5pm, whenever I feel like eating. The second is somewhere between 8pm and 10pm, mostly because with such reduced carbs, I'm not hungry and so will eat a hunk of meat or some eggs just to make sure my protein intake is good.

I think you'll like the freedom of one meal a day. If you can get all your nutrients, go for it. It's very liberating.
    I have done the 6 meals a day a long time ago. You are right, very liberating to just eat once. I have been eating 2 meals but I still managed to overeat too often.

I can eat a 16 oz T-bone in one sitting - lol - nutrients won't be the problem -- I am trying to keep my meal to a normal size so I don't go crazy... did well this morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast