Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 meal a day page 3

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow --- vegan for a decade! I have to say. I commend your commitment. I hope you have seen a lot of positive changes. I know I did when I started last year.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Well yesterday was crazy... didn't go well on the 1 meal front.

Today I had my one meal at breakfast. As much as I want it to change to night my body is just hungry in the morning and not at night. I am just going to roll with it for now.

Breakfast:
    Grass Fed Cheddar - 7 oz
    5 piece bacon
    two coffees with A LOT of heavy whipping cream
    1 cup bone broth

Kept to guidelines for Ketosis... lots of fat/moderate protein/low carb.
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 07-31-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

blah..... had too much coffee.... going to cut back again...

Other than that I am not hungry in the slightest and I have tons of energy (if some of it is nervous from the coffee!)

Well it has been a crazy couple of weeks. My 4 year old with autism swallowed some of my mother-in-laws blood pressure medicine and we spent a couple of days in the hospital.

I haven't worried about the 1 meal a day much until the last week. I have been making more of an effort to get keto-adapted so I can fast a little easier. I was eating primal, but probably around 150 grams of carbs. I dropped it to 20-40 and have been spilling ketones (through stix) but I am sure it will be a while until I am adapted.

I noticed one large meal and a snack works well.

I get really hungry at 2-3 pm and then a snack at 6pm.

Weight: 123.6 - (went up 10 pounds in 1 week on deadlifts!! usually I go up by 5 pounds a week) I have improved in strength, but I would like to see this come down to 120.

I remember the days I wanted to see 105 pounds( I got down to 109 and REALLY lean). I can say if primal did anything it fixed my obsession with being tiny -- which makes life easier - it was really bad for a few years -- I don't care what woman says she doesn't care if she loses her monthly to be lean - it fucks with your brain and body image so bad to be like that -- never again.

Food for today:

2 coffees w/ 7 total tablespoons of cream -- I turned my old milk latte habit into a cream latte habit -- yummy.

2-3pm: Hamburger patty, 4 fried egg, hazelnuts, 2 oz olives, spinach, decaf coffee w/ 3 tablespoons cream

6pm: Hamburger patty

FitDay Numbers:

1442 Cals, 128.7 Fat, 13.5 Carbs, 64.9 Protein

Trying to eat a little less on rest days -- but my average has been 2000-2500 lately.
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 08-10-2012 at 04:57 AM.

123.2 -- Just decided to start weighing in everyday to keep a check on things.

Yesterday was OK, not great. I think I just need to bite the bullet and keep it at 1 meal a day to prevent over eating.

It is lunch time today and I am not hungry so I am going to ride it out until dinner tonight -- we are hitting a mexican food place so I am thinking guac, fajita beef, sour cream and cheese - yum all around -- no counting DANG calories - isn't this why I was doing this one meal a day in the first place --- geese!!

On a personal note - I am looking for jobs next week and super nervous -- I have been a personal trainer and instructor for 7 years and going to school to apply for physical therapy assistant school. I am going to look for a physical therapy tech job for the experience and to put it on my application when I apply (a year from now). I have not looked for a job in 10 years -- they always just fell in my lap. UGH!!

Weight: 122

Yesterday was great!

I did yard work all day, got dressed and went out to a really great mexican food place. They had table side guacamole and I ate about 8 oz of steak and a big bowl of guac with a glass of red.

Finished with a few squares of 90 dark chocolate.

I got pretty hungry about 1.5 hours before, but I think it will get better the longer I stick to the schedule.

Workout for today:

Squats
    Chins
    Hip Thruster
    Bench Press

Meal for today:
    2 Caff coffee with cream
    1 decaf with cream

4 Fried Egg
    1 Hamburger Patty
    2 oz cheese
    Bone broth
    Avocado

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well for two days I have managed to eat 1 meal! It just clicked. Now I am going to try reducing my portions to get some of this weight off.

Weight: 124.2

2 Coffees w/ cream

Lunch:

Can Salmon
    Sauteed Onions and Bellpepper in coconut oil over spinach
    Dubliner Cheese
    Almonds
    2 Squares Dark Choc
    1/2 Kombucha

Protein: 50
    Carbs: 30
    Calories: 1215

Workout: Taught Body Pump.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123