Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 meal a day page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    At first I was all "That's not enough food!" but then I was like, "Oh, you're 5' 2" female and already pretty thin, and some people have slower metabolisms and such." so now I'm like, "Looks good, girl. That's not bad at all. Got some liver and fish on the menu?"
    Really...
    There are lots of much taller ladies here that need to lose weight that have to eat WAY less than that. Like 700-900 calories less. I don't understand the auto-response some people on these boards have towards telling people to eat MORE...

@Crissy-
    I love, love, love the IF eat once, maybe twice if there is a smaller snack, a day style...
    It is very liberating!
    Journaling is always good.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member
    Well it has been around 8 hours since I ate last and I have been starving since noon -- about 4 hours! haha.. so I sat down and had a small salad with ground meat and olive oil and some berries w/ nuts. No big. I know per 'primer' that is will take me a while to move my meal to night time. I won't be able to eat until 930 tomorrow -- I am going to try a little harder to suck it up until bed - I am not trying to restrict, but moving from 2 meals to 1 means I did restrict this morning - there was really no way I could have eaten anymore than I did.

Oh well - still a great day!

I am planning on adding some carbs to my 1 meal since it will be after a heavy training session - I was going to try to stay low carb - but I want to keep my strength up.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I went through a phase of one meal a day and I found it hard to get the nutrition that I need. I've gone with lunch and dinner for about two years now. I had to eat big and that got old quickly especially on days when I had social outing and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I went through a phase of one meal a day and I found it hard to get the nutrition that I need. I've gone with lunch and dinner for about two years now. I had to eat big and that got old quickly especially on days when I had social outing and the like.
    Yeah I could see how it would get tough and especially trying to get enough protein. Really I am doing it so I can limit my intake. I LOVE to eat and I don't like feeling guilty over wanted to be full or really full..so this is me attempting to work within my wacked out psychology! lol -- If it gets too hard I may go to more of a warrior, a little meal and a big meal, that was kind of what I was doing then the little meal got big too.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Really...
    There are lots of much taller ladies here that need to lose weight that have to eat WAY less than that. Like 700-900 calories less. I don't understand the auto-response some people on these boards have towards telling people to eat MORE...

@Crissy-
    I love, love, love the IF eat once, maybe twice if there is a smaller snack, a day style...
    It is very liberating!
    Journaling is always good.
    Oops I don't know how I missed this earlier.

You are right about eating less - I am doing this so I can stuff myself only once a day and not multiple times a day! haha I also HATE tracking - I do it periodically to keep myself honest, but once I can really nail this one meal a day thing I will stop.

Didn't sleep too well. Pretty hungry last night. I am going to work out around 8 and then hang out with the kiddos at my mom in law's so this should put off my meal quite a bit. I am thinking around noon. I am going to do a mini meal @ noon and a bigger meal at 6pm and keep pushing my mini meal back until it gets to one.

2 tall Americanos before workout - no they won't be decaf -- I can't just have one - moderation is NOT in my vocabulary.

Workout:

Deadlift/Pull Ups/Bench Press/Split Squat/Dips

12:00 Mini Meal:

Greek Yogurt w/ blackberries, strawberries & almonds

6:00 Meal:
    1 Can organic pumpkin
    1/2 pound 91 Grass Fed Ground Beef
    Cod liver oil
    6 Eggs
    1 small jar Tomato Paste
    Broccoli

AHH..my workout sucked! I put a order in for some BCAA's with the least amount of crap in them.

Today is going great besides that - lots of energy.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Really... There are lots of much taller ladies here that need to lose weight that have to eat WAY less than that. Like 700-900 calories less. I don't understand the auto-response some people on these boards have towards telling people to eat MORE... @Crissy- I love, love, love the IF eat once, maybe twice if there is a smaller snack, a day style...
    It is very liberating! Journaling is always good.
    I'm raising my hairy knuckled hand, as I do generally tend to advise, "try eating more(fat, protein calories,_____)".... I do know there are many many Buddhist monks worldwide who eat 1 or 2 meals a day, every day, for many years & decades. Of course they are a lot more sedentary than the majority of you fit Grokettes. But some of them are active gardeners & some do walk a lot. My point is, less calories is fine, 1 meal a day is fine.

I personally function better on a high fat diet & 2-3 meals a day, I grok'd that back in the '90s.... I've done 1-2 meals a day, it just slows down my metabolism & makes me more tired & less happy
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    I'm raising my hairy knuckled hand, as I do generally tend to advise, "try eating more(fat, protein calories,_____)".... I do know there are many many Buddhist monks worldwide who eat 1 or 2 meals a day, every day, for many years & decades. Of course they are a lot more sedentary than the majority of you fit Grokettes. But some of them are active gardeners & some do walk a lot. My point is, less calories is fine, 1 meal a day is fine.

I personally function better on a high fat diet & 2-3 meals a day, I grok'd that back in the '90s.... I've done 1-2 meals a day, it just slows down my metabolism & makes me more tired & less happy
    I have heard from a few people that they hit a wall at a certain point. I am sure this does happen - your metabolism always slows down when you eat less.

I am really trying to find a way to take my lack of moderation and turn it into a positive. I don't think this 1 meal a day is an all or nothing venture. I am thinking of keeping it to one meal a day on the days I know I will be going out to eat with family or friends so I can indulge without blowing my entire week.

Today we went to a steak house on the boardwalk and I was able to eat what I wanted and not stress - can't over do it when you aren't eating junk all day.

Thanks for the input! love other people's perspective for sure.

PrimalCon New York
    So here is how the weekend shook down.

I worked out Saturday..like I said before it sucked. Then I tried to stuff myself silly to make it to the next day without eating again. Sheesh.. what a goofy thing to do.. we had a babysitter and the hubs wanted to go out to eat and a movie - well I didn't ruin our night by saying.. oh honey I already ate a meal the size of our dining room table.. so I had a little pizza and little ice cream.. around midnight and we went and saw Ted..which by the way is hilarious...very dirty, but very funny.

I managed to get my one meal today late and I think I am finally at a point where it will remain late.. woo hoo.. very happy. We had a blast with our kiddos playing on the boardwalk and riding rides....so fun.

1 meal a day most days will be my goal... but I don't plan on being super rigid... just rigid enough to not gain weight, maintain and keep building strength..

I am most interested in getting my deadlift to 1.5 times my bodyweight before this year is out.

1 - 2 meals workout days... 1 meal for sure on the weekend just in case we go out... feels like a solid plan!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast