Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hungry in the morning? page

Xeronimo is offline Member

Hungry in the morning?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

For a couple of months now the following has been my breakfast:
    A Primal Fuel equivalent (can't get Primal Fuel here ) mixed with water, milk and fruits. So far, so good. I really like the taste and it's convenient. Can't really get used to eggs and bacon every morning ...

I've noticed though, especially recently (although I've not really changed anything) that I'm quite hungry during the morning and I'm really looking forward to lunch ... Any recommendations how to avoid this or why I'm that hungry at all?

Thanks!

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I don't bother with breakfast now as I find it triggers my hunger for the rest of the day

I have a couple of coffees, a green tea and a few glasses of water and that does me fine to lunch. I am a lot less hungry now in the morning and although I look forward to lunch i am not obsessed about it like I used to be.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    I don't bother with breakfast now as I find it triggers my hunger for the rest of the day

I have a couple of coffees, a green tea and a few glasses of water and that does me fine to lunch. I am a lot less hungry now in the morning and although I look forward to lunch i am not obsessed about it like I used to be.
    A small meal at breakfast tends to make me even hungrier as well. Especially liquid meals or shakes.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    There's a difference between hunger as in, you feel sluggish and you would devour some gross junk food including the wrapper if you had it in front of you, and hunger as in, your stomach telling you through a niggly feeling that you ought to find some food fairly soon.

It's important to heed the first feeling with some good real food, including plenty of fat to stave off hunger for longer. It's better not to have too much carbs at each meal because it will fuel your appetite to eat way more than you need.

It's important to learn to ignore the second feeling, the niggly feeling, as the reason why half the population of the developed world is overweight or obese, is partly because they heed this feeling at every available opportunity and end up overeating because food is easily available.

I'm obese and wanting to lose weight so it's intermittent fasting for me. I don't eat anything at all (just have coffee/herbal teas/water) until the afternoon. I used to be a grazer, snacking frequently and my energy levels were like a roller coaster. But now I find a bit of niggly hunger doesn't bother me, I enjoy my afternoon/evening feast of Primal foods, and my energy levels are stable throughout the day.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post

Hm, maybe I should try that too ... but I'm quite hungry in the morning and I guess I would to have eat more at lunch then in order to feel full and/or get everything I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    A small meal at breakfast tends to make me even hungrier as well. Especially liquid meals or shakes.
    So you don't eat anything at breakfast either? OR do you eat a full meal then?

Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    There's a difference between hunger as in, you feel sluggish and you would devour some gross junk food including the wrapper if you had it in front of you, and hunger as in, your stomach telling you through a niggly feeling that you ought to find some food fairly soon.

It's important to heed the first feeling with some good real food, including plenty of fat to stave off hunger for longer. It's better not to have too much carbs at each meal because it will fuel your appetite to eat way more than you need.
    I think it's more of the feeling of having to get some serious food because you need it not because you're lusting for a snack or something ...

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeronimo View Post
    So you don't eat anything at breakfast either? OR do you eat a full meal then?
    The last month or so I've been eating my first meal at 1 or 2pm. At first I was waking up hungry but a black coffee helped me through that. Sometimes I would get hungry at around 11am but it would pass pretty quickly. I'll probably keep doing this unless it happens to stop working for me.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I have more or less the same lunch everyday - big ass salad that keeps me full until dinner.

So yes its a big lunch but its not particularly high in calories and keeps me full for ages if i add in some decent protein like chicken/eggs etc..

hunger in its current context isn't really hunger. It is just the brain adapting to modern society. As a society we didn't used to snack a few decades ago. We only do now because it is in the Food Co's interests if we keep eating. The reality is that our body doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    The last month or so I've been eating my first meal at 1 or 2pm. At first I was waking up hungry but a black coffee helped me through that. Sometimes I would get hungry at around 11am but it would pass pretty quickly. I'll probably keep doing this unless it happens to stop working for me.
    Ok, I see. But what's the advantage of eating like this? Wouldn't eating the same amount of food but in two portions (breakfast & lunch) result in the same?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast