Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hungry in the morning? page 3

Xeronimo is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yup. Give it a try. It works for lots and lots of us.
    I will try it.

Eating a LARGE protein-filled breakfast MADE OF FOOD also works for a lot of people. Try one. If you hate it, try the other.
    You mean eggs, bacon, etc? I might give that a try again too.
    But this would then result in eating a smaller lunch later on, no? I can't not skip breakfast but still eat the same lunch I would it if I had skipped it, right? I probably wouldn't be hungry enough to do so in the first place, lol

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeronimo View Post
    I will try it.

You mean eggs, bacon, etc? I might give that a try again too.
    But this would then result in eating a smaller lunch later on, no? I can't not skip breakfast but still eat the same lunch I would it if I had skipped it, right? I probably wouldn't be hungry enough to do so in the first place, lol
    A lot of people do eggs and bacon and whatnot. A lot of other people eat leftover steak and vegetables. I'd give you the same advice for lunch as I did for breakfast. Either eat it or don't.

Forget about small mini-meals. Take the word "snack" out of your vocabulary.

Eat when you're hungry. Not when you're bored. Or thirsty. Or able to eat. When you're HUNGRY. And when you eat, EAT. Don't drink a shake. Don't grab a handful of almonds. I'm not saying you should stuff yourself silly. You should NOT stuff yourself silly.

Keep it simple. You're definitely on the right track from the sound of things.

SLB0404 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeronimo View Post
    Ok, that sounds like an intriguing article! But also very un-common-sense like!! I'm curious enough to try it though!! Thanks
    meh, you can say it's 'un-common sense' but the truth is that I was never hungry before lunch and began forcing myself to eat breakfast two years ago (when I did the special K diet - oh Gosh, that was a mistake if I ever made one!)... For me eating breakfast when I wasn't hungry let to mid morning snacks and a massive lunch, even after going Primal

I never even ate breakfast as a kid, my parents weren't big on it so called IF 'fasting' actually seems strange to me!

stumprrp is offline Member
    Why cant you stuff yourself silly on primal foods? Doesnt anyone love to eat around here? lol.

I would try some coconut oil and a little cream in your coffee. Thats what ive been doing for a while and it holds me off until about 11 AM. I have the coffee at 7 AM. Ive tried going longer but the hunger/weakness/dizziness is too much for me.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    For me, eating more protein in the morning (eggs and a serving of meat, doesn't have to be bacon) cured my 10AM hunger. You don't have to eat conventional breakfast foods, you could have dinner's leftovers for breakfast, and a salad for lunch.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry so much about how much you are eating at what meal, also. Just eat in accordance with your hunger. Like for me I'm usually pretty hungry for breakfast, then reallllly hungry for lunch, then slightly hungry again for a third time (too early to be "dinner time"), then not hungry at dinner time. So my appetite is high in the daytime and I find I eat about every 3 hours then have no appetite at night. Just go with it ya know?

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    I don't bother with breakfast now as I find it triggers my hunger for the rest of the day

I have a couple of coffees, a green tea and a few glasses of water and that does me fine to lunch. I am a lot less hungry now in the morning and although I look forward to lunch i am not obsessed about it like I used to be.
    i do the exact same thing and it works great for me as well!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I'm not 'naturally' a breakfast eater~ for many years, I just forgot about eating until well into the afternoon, many times just had dinner. Felt great, healthy, never more than 10 pounds overweight at the holidays (like most people). Then I kept hearing that *most important meal of the day* garbage. Thought it was worth a try~ Boy was I wrong! Totally messed everything up. Constant hunger even though I knew I couldn't really be hungry, and oddly, exhaustion shortly after morning eating. Tried every combination of foods, but even pure protein sucked the snap right out of me! And to add insult to injury, I gained weight.

Now I'm back to being a breakfast (and usually lunch) skipper. I have my daytime energy back, don't need snacks and naps and the extra weight is slowly dropping. Makes sense, that cortisol connection~ glad to know there's a medical reason and I'm not just *being perverse*, as certain know-it-alls have suggested.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    I have a smoothie for breakfast that holds me until a late lunch. It has fruit, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp MCT oil, 2 kale leaves, 1 cup raw milk kefir, 2 eggs (yolks raw, whites cooked). No powder. I like the convenience of a shake rather than sitting down to eat, and I don't find I get hungry sooner if I drink instead of eating. Make sure your morning shake has enough fat.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    could be the berries giving you a false hunger signal.

you don't need to have eggs and bacon for breakfast. have protein and fat of some sort.

i don't think ignoring hunger is always a good thing, as long as what you are feeling is true hunger and not some sort of sugar crash.

if i wake up hungry, i eat. if i'm not, i don't.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123