Thread: Is there any such thing as primal cleansing? page

parrottrl is offline Member

Is there any such thing as primal cleansing?

Primal Fuel
    Basically, my body is telling me that something is wrong - swollen glands, constipation, sweating, frequent urination, aching muscles, tiredness. My interpretation is that I have something toxic in there somewhere.

Type I diabetic. I've been eating primally for about 8.5 weeks. My carbs are good - one really bad day this last weekend, but between 40 and 70 most of the time. Fat percentage ranges from 55% - 70% with the variation mainly protein (77 - 123g per day). I have a very active job, but only formally exercise about twice per week. BSL is the best it's been in at least four years. I don't IF very well due to the finesse needed to handle my insulin dosages.

No carb cravings. No mental fuzziness.

Anyway, I'm looking for something to relieve the symptoms. I don't want to do anything that will add many carbs, but I really need something to fix my toxic-feeling wonkiness.

Suggestions?

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Go see a doc!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

parrottrl is offline Member
    I'm not sure if it's that serious.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have not seen swollen glands or sweating mentioned as a normal reaction to transitioning to primal. Given your increased susceptibility to infections, it may be worth getting checked out.

Some of your other symptoms are often reported during the transition. People find increasing intake of sea salt, homemade bone broths, and magnesium to be helpful.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parrottrl View Post
    ... constipation ...
    Any kind of GI symptom, take a good probiotic and/or fermented foods such as real sauerkraut or (if you're dairy-tolerant) kefire or yoghurt.

Other than that, as others have said see a doctor. I don't think you can really take steps when you don't know what's wrong.

This lady, who is a naturopathic doctor with a paleo orientation, has some talks that go into the area you're talking about a bit:

Dr. Lo Radio Show Online Radio by DrLoRadio | Blog Talk Radio

So I guess you could say those techniques can go together with paleo. However, when she's doing it, it seems to take place against a background of extensive tests on the patient, so it's not just some random process.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are a type 1 diabetic, any type of 'cleansing' (which I regard as unnecessary for anyone) can be dangerous for you.

I second the suggestions to see a doctor about your symptoms.