Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I cheated page

justinsmith354 Guest

Shop Now

I'm over my first week as of yesterday. My daily intake as been bacon, eggs, sausage type omlets in the morning, a few strawberries and blue berries here and there....and that's about it. I've haven't even been hungry! I've started fish oil, so I'm feel like I'm off to a good start.

Well...today I caved. I had a damn Bacon Angus Cheesburger with fries and a HI-C for lunch from Mcdeath. I don't ever really remember doing it. It's like I was in a haze. I'm trying to feel good about eating crap like that once in the past week and a half.

Do you guys ever fail? What's the ratio of "off days" for others? It didn't really bother my body that I could tell...I just did it. I don't even know why. Am I a lost cause?

Zophie is offline Senior Member

I cheated too.

Damn girl scouts with their big brown eyes and thin mints....

hutax is offline Member

Don't worry about it everyone does it even Mark says he'll have a chip now and then. Just don't give up , start over again tomorrow and push on!

BayouPrimal is offline Member

I did too, my wife made pesto shrimp pizza with from-scratch pizza crust. I can't turn it down.

Chalk it up to the 20%

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

justinsmith354 Guest

A CHIP! That doesn't make me feel better. I have a 3rd pound of processed meat, bacon, salty fries soaked in fry oil, and a sugar soaked orange drink and Mark "eats a chip"!!!

LOL!!!!! Do you guys eat the same thing every day or mix it up?

Stabby is offline Senior Member

I failed egregiously at first. Then my failing was at worst a cup of chickpeas followed by a piece of bread followed by a few whole carrots (such is carbohydrate addiction!) Now my worst failure is too many vegetables in my BAS. Good habits take time to built. We are not gods, we are prone to weakness and error. When we live in the moment we are weaker and more erroneous than if our moments are preceded by deliberation, meditation and thoughtful planning.

So back on the wagon with you! Forgive yourself and move forward but not before scouting the path ahead of you.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

I cheated too, with a slice of Dobos torte my mom made from scratch:

(If you&'re wondering what a Dobos torte is - http://www.roadfood.com/photos/10010.jpg )

I plan to hit the gym first thing tomorrow morning to work out in a fasted state and then get back on the horse :-)

Lekki Wood is offline Junior Member

Hey Justinsmith354

This is definitely a lifestyle, a way of eating, something to live forever by - you didn't cheat, you listened to some behavioural / psychological / physiological signals your body gave you because you are making a big adjustment. Don't beat yourself up (but don't congratulate yourself...), just get straight back to being primal and focus on how bad (physiologically) you felt after it (bloated? vaguely sick? hungry 2 hours later?) and how great you feel after Primal - it will come.

As to mixing it up - FOR SURE. You want a balanced nutrient intake, so you definitely should eat a wide variety of Primal foods. Plus you don't want to get bored. *And* I have found that as I learn to respect my body more, it tells me what I am craving - I sometimes I know I need avocado or fish (this latter is a big one). Check out people's journals, but I mix things up, breakfast can be any of:

IF, eggs, salmon (raw), salmon (cooked), shrimp with coconut, chicken legs, steak, last night's leftovers

I usually eat salad for lunch but I don't throw everything in in a BAS as it gets repetitive - I have set salad recipes, but HUNDREDS of them (bacon & scallops; herb chicken; steak and blue cheese (I keep some dairy for various allergy reasons); coconut mahi-mahi; etc - each has their own leaf base and dressing).

Mix it up, listen to your body and most importantly: enjoy!

Lxxx

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

I eat un-Primally from time to time, but it's not hard to walk away from the bad foods and go back to good. I wouldn't sweat that one meal, even if it happens every once in a while.

However, I'd like to hear that you've decided to eat more vegetables.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

We all have our failures. It happens.

You'll find that the longer you eat PB, the less you slip, and the more Primal your slips actually are.

For me, my last real "slip" was some almond clusters held together with rice syrup. Big no-no for me. Other occasional slips have included stealing salami from my parents fridge, or a spoonful of peanut butter. Maybe a macaroon from the farmers market. I tend to be quite strict with myself now. I've been fully Primal for about a year... to give you a basis of comparison.

Give it time. You'll get better at being more discerning. Before you know it you won't even have to think twice about what to eat and what not to eat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast