Thread: Magnesium drops page

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member

Magnesium drops

Primal Fuel
    I bought some magnesium drops. They give me stomach problems so I took less and less but apparently no matter how small the dose, I have problems. So I tried putting some on my skin to see if I could absorb it that way and it stings.

Anyone have any suggestions of what to do, or do I need to just throw out this bottle and get a different form?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I use a topical magnesium brine every night and it works great. Experiment with putting the drops on different places - I find that my wrists, stomach and calves tend to sting the least. The stinging/itching rarely lasts longer then 30 minutes or so for me so I just ignore it. Also, you can put the oil on and just leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off - apparently a fair amount of it gets absorbed in that time frame.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Thanks! I tried it after reading your post and yes, it stings less on my wrist. It's not an oil though (I don't think?) so it's sort of watery but I rubbed it in and didn't lose any. It's definitely not made to be topical but it's still magnesium so I figure why not try, right?

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Could you dilute it with water and use it topically? Or, put some into a foot soak?

I have some drops (blue bottle...trace mineral resource brand or something like that) and I put it in a glass of water and drink it slowly. I like it b/c it makes the water taste like milk to me (weird, I know).

I've been wanting to order some mag flakes on amazon. They're much less expensive than the oil when you make your own spray with the flakes, but haven't done so yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some ideas so you're not throwing money (and mag) down the drain.

sg

I think that's the brand I have. It gave me stomach cramps, even when I lowered and lowered the dose. They only went away when I stopped taking it at all

I did try a foot soak the other day. I put epsom salts in and then put in some of the liquid drops. Yeah, that didn't sting so maybe you're right and I should just dilute it when I put it on my skin