Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nut free muffins

Hybrid View

Nut free muffins

Any good muffin recipes that don't involve almond or coconut flour

I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!

Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!
    Hmm I'm not a fan of flax. Anything that could possibly serve as a substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post

I tried making these and they didn't come out at all. Am I supposed to use a food processor?

That sounds pretty good, I'm going to try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by patricewmccullough View Post
    Bran Apple Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
    1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2-1/2 cups POST Bran Flakes
    1 cup milk
    3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) vegetable oil spread
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup chopped apple

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended; set aside. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
    BEAT vegetable oil spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal mixture and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple. Spoon evenly into 18 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
    BAKE 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
    Wait, WHAT?!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wait, WHAT?!
    To clarify, not you're recipe. The original recipe on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by garod82 View Post
    Nevermind I just got why you said Wait, what. It was that non primal recipe listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by garod82 View Post
    Nah man...
    I was just trying to figure out WTF that flour/bran/veg.oil spread abomination of a recipe was doing on this forum.

*edit... Yeah, kind of the exact opposite of primal. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Crisco bot. Mmmmmmm CRISCO.