Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nut free muffins page

Drmike is offline Member

Nut free muffins

Shop Now
    Any good muffin recipes that don't involve almond or coconut flour

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds pretty good, I'm going to try that one.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!
    Hmm I'm not a fan of flax. Anything that could possibly serve as a substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post

I tried making these and they didn't come out at all. Am I supposed to use a food processor?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patricewmccullough View Post
    Bran Apple Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
    1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2-1/2 cups POST Bran Flakes
    1 cup milk
    3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) vegetable oil spread
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup chopped apple

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended; set aside. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
    BEAT vegetable oil spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal mixture and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple. Spoon evenly into 18 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
    BAKE 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
    Wait, WHAT?!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wait, WHAT?!
    To clarify, not you're recipe. The original recipe on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by patricewmccullough View Post
    Bran Apple Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
    1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2-1/2 cups POST Bran Flakes
    1 cup milk
    3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) vegetable oil spread
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup chopped apple

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended; set aside. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
    BEAT vegetable oil spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal mixture and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple. Spoon evenly into 18 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
    BAKE 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
    This doesn't sound too Primal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garod82 View Post
    Nevermind I just got why you said Wait, what. It was that non primal recipe listed above.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by garod82 View Post
    Nah man...
    I was just trying to figure out WTF that flour/bran/veg.oil spread abomination of a recipe was doing on this forum.

*edit... Yeah, kind of the exact opposite of primal. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast