Thread: Pemmican and Coconut Milk page

JohnOTD is offline Member

Shop Now

I'm considering a diet of only pemmican, coconut milk and water. I've been doing a bit of reading and it seems that by itself, pemmican is a nutritionally complete food. For safety's sake I would still supplement with a multivitamin and fish oil.

Has anyone here ever tried this? Do you think I'd run into any issues doing this?

Any insight, thoughts or advice is welcome. Thanks!

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

anyone?

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Acmebike is offline Member

I whip up semi large batches of pemmican (free range or wild sourced meat and fat) and do indeed slip into existing on it for a large percentage of my food for long stretches of time. It's fine and more or less complete nutrition, and quite liberating to not worry about fixing up a meal when times are busy. I doubt you are going to suffer any deficiencies from it, and I'd not even bother with the multi vitamin and fish oil if you are getting a good source for your lean and tallow.

I find it entertaining and satisfying to run such experiments. Give it a go! Danny Roddy at "Carnivore Health" has a complete post on pemmican production.

Timothy is offline Senior Member

John, I hope you give this a try! I would love to hear how it works for you.

Not only is that supposed to be nutritionally complete, but canned coconut milk is good for five years, and pemmican is good for 20 or more (even hundreds of years if you stash it in the antarctic, but hopefully you don't have to go there often.) With preparation, all of modern civilization could fall apart without affecting your diet in the slightest. Now that's primal.

Timothy, that's kind of my goal. I read that you can survive on about 1/2lb a day and if I'm also drinking coconut milk, less maybe. I plan on making 15-20lbs a week, eating what I need and storing the rest. We're coming up on hurricane season here in St. Croix and I just want to be prepared.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member

Speaking of pemmican, does anyone have a good recipe for amount and mixture of spice to put into it? On my first attempt, the pemmican itself came out OK, but my garlic salt and pepper rub was... not so good.

http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

one_eye_mike Guest

I'd get quickly bored with that diet but good luck with it.