Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Putting weight on with the primal diet page 3

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    One thing to remember with this philosophy is that we combine our ancestrial diet with modern technology. No one can eat like Grok did no matter how hard we try. The plants and animals are different due to environmental conditions. As much as I would love todo it, it's just not possible so we have blend the best of today with the tried and true dietary habits of our ancestors.

Protein shakes are good but don't let that be only the protein source you get. While it is good to add supplements the bulk should come from natural proteins. The body can digest these easier and with less side effects.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

jkilbane is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PK View Post

ps:I know the powder's not primal but I'm a poor college student, can't afford quality meat for more than 1 meal a day
    Meat is cheaper than protein powder. Think canned fish, ground beef, eggs. It's a lot cheaper and healthier than any powdered stuff.

kmac is offline Member
    Here is my advice to all the hardgainers... I used to be one and train alot of them to great success.

Firstly throw out your mens health magazines. stop doing bicep curls and for the love of god dont go for a run/bike/swim or whatever cardio you may enjoy. BAD KITTEN!

second step to be a LION! lift heavy! search up starting strength by mark rippetoe. you have a window here as a novice (all tiny guys are, dont try to argue) to gain a lot of strength and weight. do that program religiously. dont miss a single workout and continue with regular (each workout) small incremental increases in the weights used. google him, hes got a SS page and a wikia page for his program.

Third. prepare to be skinny/fat for a bit. those pretty abs will dissapear, but you are going to get large strong muscles! when you go back to your high intensity crossfit style workouts all this will dissapear faster then a fat guacamole devils on my kitchen table! muscle burns fat, you get more muscle and that fat will go byebye

LASTLY! go 90% primal... its called GOMAD... its easy... drink a gallon.. 3.7 litres, of WHOLE/HOMOGINIZED milk a day every day. this is wildly unhealthy, but for growth its perfect. it wont be a lifestyle thing. this is for the 2-3 months that you continue to get linear gains. when linear gains stop you stop and start eating PURE again. Pure primal and getting big is HARD and expensive... a gallon of whole milk gives you 2400 cals, 135 fat, 175 carbs, 120 protein... and its cheap. try gettin that much for 5 buncks out of pure food.

Monday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
    Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
    1x5 Deadlift

Friday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
    Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps
    is marks progrma you follow... no more no less.

do GOMAD... trust... just trust... its evidence based research here.. just like the PB / paleo lifestyle. "science" says its wrong and CW definately hates us, BUT we see results.. even better we FEEL the results. dont dip your toe in, if your serious about gaining dive in the pool.

I went from 6'6 at 185# at 6% body fat to 254# and 15% body fat (not noticeable fat either, was still ripped). in 4 weeks after i was 230# at 10% body fat. do GOMAD!

kmac is offline Member
    my gain took 3 months of linear progression. my gains stopped then i went to full on primal and crossfit

Maine Moxie is offline Junior Member
    Can anyone recommned a powder "Weight gainer" that is primal, or close to being primal. I need extra calories too.

beniger is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, see above....GOMAD is legit. Eat more and move less. It takes time too...or it did for me. I was 6'4" and 140lbs in high school...took 3 years but I got to 225 without gaining much fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Moxie View Post
    Can anyone recommned a powder "Weight gainer" that is primal, or close to being primal. I need extra calories too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123