Thread: The PB Book page

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So I'm halfway through the book which I purchased during the March 17th blitz, despite having followed the blog and the PB for about 9 months now. A couple of things piqued my curiosity:

1. At one point in the book, Mark suggests that just as we would with meat and vegetables, we should opt for locally produced olive oil (and other oils) instead of imported. One, I'm an Old World snob ha ha and two, in the 16 years that I've been living in Ontario I have never EVER seen an olive tree. How the heck am I supposed to find local olive oil?

2. On page 167 Mark indicates that the ideal body fat range for females is 12-20%. Twelve percent strikes me as dangerously low - doesn't anything below 15% or so cause amenorrhea etc?

bruce.b is offline Member

1. There are some great CA olive oils. Not local, but at least North America. Coconut oil may be a problem for you also.

2. I thought it was quite a bit lower than 12% before it's dangerously low.

bruce b.

FabMandy is offline Member

I think on the body fat % for females it depends on the female - hence the broad range. 12% might suit some women fine and other women might need a bit more body fat to keep healthy. We're all built differently

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

"I thought it was quite a bit lower than 12% before it's dangerously low."

Yes, for men it's below 12%. But women definitely need to be in the double digits for essential health.