Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Yard/Weed Control care? page

adameads is offline Senior Member

Primal Yard/Weed Control care?

Primal Fuel
    What is your all's opinions on something like Scott's coming to the house and doing their weed and feed program? I had a killer lawn at our old house, and I'm debating trying to go about this in a more natural way. Are there any products out there that are safer for the family, soil, and whatnot?

Thanks.

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    The only primal thing to do is let it grow out of control.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    You just have to go organic and forgo the synthetic weed/insect killers. Focus on getting the dirt as healthy as possible. But there are organic weed/insect killer products for sale.

https://gardens.naturalorganicwareho...content-anchor
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adameads View Post
    What is your all's opinions on something like Scott's coming to the house and doing their weed and feed program? I had a killer lawn at our old house, and I'm debating trying to go about this in a more natural way. Are there any products out there that are safer for the family, soil, and whatnot?

Thanks.
    Lawns suck and they're awful for the environment. Ideally you'd kill it and put in a garden of natives and/or edibles, but if you had your heart set on a lawn there are native grasses that can be planted and mowed just like any other lawn, although it may not be as thick and lush. Native Grass Lawns Here's a quick overview. There may well be a company nearby that can either do this for you or advise if you wanted to do it yourself.

parrottrl is offline Member
    If you have a dog, try to get him/her to pee on the weeds, but not the grass. This may take some trial and error, but if done perfectly, should work. My dog (GSD) has killed a fair amount of weeds in my backyard, but I'm not ready to try her out front yet, except for the big patch of clover next to the shrubs. And, no, she doesn't seem to mind.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I think the most primal way would be to get a goat. Free fertilizer too...

Tercio

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    edible garden, man. Fill your front lawn with basil rosemary and cherry tomatoes.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I thought I was pretty much primal, but fuck dude, it's just a lawn. Put the fuckin Scott's on it and call it a day.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parrottrl View Post
    If you have a dog, try to get him/her to pee on the weeds, but not the grass. This may take some trial and error, but if done perfectly, should work. My dog (GSD) has killed a fair amount of weeds in my backyard, but I'm not ready to try her out front yet, except for the big patch of clover next to the shrubs. And, no, she doesn't seem to mind.
    alternately, get the men of the house to pee on them
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I thought I was pretty much primal, but fuck dude, it's just a lawn. Put the fuckin Scott's on it and call it a day.
    kinda where i'm leaning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast