Thread: Rotator Cuff Injury-Ouch! Any Advice? page

Warmblood58 is offline Junior Member

Rotator Cuff Injury-Ouch! Any Advice?

Primal Fuel
    Apparently I have damaged my left shoulder and need to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles -any advice on where to start? Hurts like hell and will really impact my active life if I do not get better from this -help!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

thanks, been there, was wondering if anyone on the site has recovered without surgery, cortisone, etc. with a good regimen -

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I tore my left rotator cuff 5 years ago, then strained it again earlier this year. The first tear I had no insurance, I went to the ER, got pain meds, did not follow up with the ortho, did not do any physical therapy, just did not use it hardly at all, it healed on its own in about 8 months. Earlier this year with the strain (I now have insurance YAY!) I went to the ortho, he wanted to treat it very conservativley and just gave me some physical therapy excercises to do at home, I did them every day for one month, and just took ibuprofen. It was feeling much better after the month and is now all better. The Ortho dr told me when you have a previous rotator cuff injury there is some exercises you just shouldnt do, such as military presses and lateral flies (I was doing both of those 3 X week) So now I am much more careful about the shoulder work that I do and I also do a lot of Yoga to help strength my shoulders (plus now that it is healed Im cleared to do planks and pull-ups, wide grip). I empathize with you because it is a very painful injury, just can't get comfortable sleeping in any position! Sending positive energy your way for a speedy recovery.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Yup I have using variations of those exercises.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I had shoulder issues a few years ago and my doctor gave me stretching exercises to do. That seemed to do the trick for me, but it took about 6 weeks to get better.

Rich Capalbo is offline Member
    I have a bone spur that irritates RC. My Doc's suggestion was to try different angles of press. Can do incline and decline, not straight bench or military.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    I tore my left rotator cuff 5 years ago, then strained it again earlier this year. The first tear I had no insurance, I went to the ER, got pain meds, did not follow up with the ortho, did not do any physical therapy, just did not use it hardly at all, it healed on its own in about 8 months. Earlier this year with the strain (I now have insurance YAY!) I went to the ortho, he wanted to treat it very conservativley and just gave me some physical therapy excercises to do at home, I did them every day for one month, and just took ibuprofen. It was feeling much better after the month and is now all better. The Ortho dr told me when you have a previous rotator cuff injury there is some exercises you just shouldnt do, such as military presses and lateral flies (I was doing both of those 3 X week) So now I am much more careful about the shoulder work that I do and I also do a lot of Yoga to help strength my shoulders (plus now that it is healed Im cleared to do planks and pull-ups, wide grip). I empathize with you because it is a very painful injury, just can't get comfortable sleeping in any position! Sending positive energy your way for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks honey, yea, sleeping is a pain now, literally! Thank you for shedding some light and hope, hate going backwards and have no idea what I did to initiate this - I think I will do some exercises and see if I can help myself, thanks again!