Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dare you to try addictive cauliflower...... read on..... page

chia is offline Senior Member

I dare you to try addictive cauliflower...... read on.....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am going to share this recipe. It is highly addictive..especially when you let it cool for a few minutes and it's just slightly warm. Before you know it, you'll have popped them all into your mouth before dinner is even served, so be VERY careful.

I just use my toaster oven, and about 1 head of a smaller size cauliflower...maybe half a cauliflower if it's one of those massive ones. cut the cauliflower into decent size pieces but not 'too' tiny..not huge, just a perfect floret.

ready?

toss the pieces of cauliflower with about 1 tbsp of olive or melted coconut oil and sprinkle on lots of cinnamon and nutmeg...probably ends up being a tsp of each but just mix it all up and the pieces should be about 3/4 brown. finish off by adding sea salt.

take the cookie sheet..with parchment paper, dump all the cauliflower on it..place evenly about. oven should be pre-heated to about 400 degrees..this is why i always use toaster oven, HOT SO fast and energy efficient . roast for about 25 minutes, turn pieces over a bit as best you can, roast another 25. I like letting the oven switch off and having it sit in there a bit longer..makes it even more divine...!!

so, there it is...and trust me, this is AMAZING!!!.... I usually dump a can of sardines on top...or eggs...or a bison burger...whatever is on hand...!! one head of cauliflower is NEVER enough..it gets eaten like potato chips..addictive. AND, the extra bonus of cinnamon and nutmeg being fabulous for you...the cinnamon is amazing for blood sugar!!

let me know what you all think...and you WILL be thanking me!! :-)

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    I've never tried cinnamon and nutmeg on cauliflower, but I do curry all the time. I love it. I'll try to nutmeg and cinnamon tonight. I also use my toaster oven.

let me know how you LOVE LOVE it....!!! :-)

Here's an embarrassing confession, I've never had cauliflower before. Dare to describe the flavor of this recipe to me? I do need some snack options for the husband!

Paleobird Guest
    I put cinnamon and nutmeg in steamed cauliflower when I mash it along with some coconut oil. It's a great flavor combination. Having it roasted sounds like a good idea too.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I am just a s&p kind of gal - usually. I think I have some caul. left to try this tonight! THanks!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

yes, i whip cauliflower sometimes as well but this makes it almost lightly crispy and sweet..it truly is hard to explain but I guarantee this will be a regular thing once you try it..!

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Q - what is a cookie sheet?

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Cauliflower tastes like wet nothing. It tastes like broccoli that's been washed so long the flavor rinsed out with the green.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Cauliflower tastes like wet nothing. It tastes like broccoli that's been washed so long the flavor rinsed out with the green.
    Exactly. That's why you need the cinnamon and nutmeg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast