Page 97 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 97

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We may have to start doing that. I don't really want to have to get Heather anything until closer to school starting just because she wears a girls size 14 and is still going through a lot of growth. Tristan will probably stay in her juniors 7 and Caitlyn, well that will involve mass quantities of alcohol. Seriously, clothes shopping with that girl makes me want to look for the nearest anti-depressant, alcohol or noose. Whichever is first available.

I went to urgent care this morning and found out that yes, my allergies did get real bad and it was causing a sinus infection. I'm on bactrim and flonase. Now, he did give the most awesome endorsement for primal/paleo/low carb/NK ever! He asked me if I have given up grains and I said yes. Then he asked if I drink bone broth and I said daily. He told me that other than himself, I am the first person he has seen other than himself that is primal/paleo and that I am no longer asthmatic! What a friggin' awesome thing to hear! Made my friggin' day.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Good stuff Geo!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Great news! So glad to hear it!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I am exhausted. Got drunk Saturday night. We went to a bar that a friend of Clint's owns and I probably had 2 of the best long island iced teas I've ever had. Seriously good. I also had a Capt and diet coke. Clint and I then shared wings, mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers. Surprisingly, my gut was not in an uproar. However, due to DST, I only got 5 hours of sleep yesterday and the 8 hours I last night, just didn't cut it.

While at the bar, our friend Jenn and I were people watching. We were observing the mating ritual of the Cougar. I've never seen a post-menopausal woman look so good. The hair was a bad red dye job, but overall, she didn't look half bad. But she was working it. It was damn funny. Then the Cougar's daughter arrived(yes, I know) and apparently she was the bar slut. I guess you have to say the apple didn't fall too far off the tree in that family.
    Georgette

I forgot how good my buttery lemon pepper tilapia was. I may have to cook up more. Good thing I have that and salmon in the freezer. Clint wanted traditional fish sandwiches and it cracks me up when he wants something like this cause he'll ask me if I can eat it(it's breaded, of course I won't eat it silly). Anywho, I tell him that I will make that and my homemade mac & cheese for him and the girls and I will make some tilapia and mockafoni and cheese(seriously good, especially the next day). I'm going to make demuralist's stuffed cabbage soup for my dinner tonight while the family has sloppy joes. I've been craving cabbage as of late which is weird cause I rarely crave it.

I think I may be back into ketosis after Saturday nights debauchery. I was driving back home from running errands when I got that metallic taste back into my mouth and I was feeling lightheaded and dizzy. Came home, had my leftovers from last night and also a cup of water with 1.5 Knorr bouillon cubes. I feel instantly better.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Geo, hugs, I know how scary and frustrating and anxiety inducing the whole financial thing is! My husband and I have spent a lot of time fighting over that very thing, and he has employment issues that make it hard and in many ways I could say it is his fault. I always have to remind myself that so many of my friends are all struggling with jobs and financial losses, that no one person is to blame. Companies are taking hard core advantage of their employees, paying them shit, and we are all taking it as personal failures. And at the end of the day, no one would chose for this to happen and would always choose to make enough for financial health in their families. It just isn't possible for everyone to find good jobs that make their finances fool proof. Hell, event the government can't balance their budget and get out of debt and they have access to tools we don't. At the end of the day you and your hubs want the same thing. I hope you can hold onto each other and be co-conspirators against this crazy world.

This is something that I've been wondering about since yesterday. When I ate pizza 3 weeks ago, I thought I was going to die from the painful bloat. With the wings, mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers being breaded, why didn't I feel like total hell afterwards? Oh and don't forget the alcohol. My stomach was a bit upset, but not painfully bloated.
    Georgette

I despise DST. My sleep is way off right now. I woke up at 5:30am wide awake. I think I may need to take a nap today.

I'm nervous about starting the job tomorrow. This is something so different from what I've done in the past. I'm just hoping it doesn't put my ADD into effect. I've lost a few jobs over this in the past. I hope something positive comes from this.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You'll do fine. We're all rooting for you and that much of a cheerleading team can't be wrong.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 97 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast