Page 92 of 147 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 92

  1. #911
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,782
    Shop Now
    I made the crispy carnitas that Mark posted last month and 2 changes I would make is to add a tbsp each of chili powder and cumin. Also, cooking them in the oven 3 hours made them somewhat dry, still tasty though. Next time, I'll cook them 2.25-2.5 hours so they'll be more tender. When I made them, I increased the chili powder and cumin to 1.5 tbsp each and I like more spice in foods. The family loved them. It was a great change to Taco Tuesdays in house.
    Georgette

  2. #912
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I made the crispy carnitas that Mark posted last month and 2 changes I would make is to add a tbsp each of chili powder and cumin. Also, cooking them in the oven 3 hours made them somewhat dry, still tasty though. Next time, I'll cook them 2.25-2.5 hours so they'll be more tender. When I made them, I increased the chili powder and cumin to 1.5 tbsp each and I like more spice in foods. The family loved them. It was a great change to Taco Tuesdays in house.
    I made the carnitas a couple of weeks ago and added more chilli powder and cumin... when it was all done, it kind of reminded me of a pulled pork barbeque sans sauce, so I started refering to the carnitas as mexican pulled pork.... tasty, nonetheless

  3. #913
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,843
    Happy birthday, chica! I hope this day and year are everything you want them to be.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  4. #914
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,381
    Happy Birthday for real this time. I hope you can find some contentment today.

  5. #915
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,782
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I made the carnitas a couple of weeks ago and added more chilli powder and cumin... when it was all done, it kind of reminded me of a pulled pork barbeque sans sauce, so I started refering to the carnitas as mexican pulled pork.... tasty, nonetheless
    Whenever I go to Chipotle, I always get the carnitas. A friend of mine who is 1/3rd Mexican got me hooked on them. Seriously, amazingly delicious.
    Georgette

  6. #916
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,782
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Happy birthday, chica! I hope this day and year are everything you want them to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Happy Birthday for real this time. I hope you can find some contentment today.
    Thanks guys. Thus far its been good. The girls have a snow day and I got to sleep in until 8:30. I made the girls oatmeal from old fashioned oats today and tonight we're going out to dinner for my birthday. The only thing that is bad at this point is that my own husband hasn't wished me a happy birthday. He actually seemed kind of ticked when I called him to talk about doing my birthday dinner tonight. The girls and are going to leave for a Whole Foods grand opening in Columbus at around 11.
    Georgette

  7. #917
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Happy birthday. I hope it is a good one!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  8. #918
    Kymma's Avatar
    Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    666
    Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have time for some pampering, a hot bath and a face mask or something on this cold and snowy day!

  9. #919
    Mud Flinger's Avatar
    Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver Suburbs, CO
    Posts
    1,848
    Happy B-day!

  10. #920
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    11,966
    Happy birthday! I hope your day is restful and restorative.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •