Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 9

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Geo's new Primary Care Physician
    Considering that I don't have a PCP, this is a great improvement! The 'shine has left me with a slightly stuffy nose and cough.

Been bonding with Caitlyn over the weekend. We've been watching Awkward on MTV. It is actually a really good show. I need to get the first season on DVD.
    Georgette

I am no longer on the pill. I keep thinking that's part of the problem. I still don't want to be touched by hardly anyone right now. I told my husband the other day that we can cuddle as long as nothing sexual happens. Yeah, that didn't go to well. It's difficult for him to cuddle without wanting things to get sexual. The strange thing about this is that I can touch myself sexually and its ok. What gives? Does this make me a hormonal mess? Or is it all in my head at this point? I just don't know anymore.
    Georgette

Grizz is offline Banned
    Georgette,

Cheers and Hello ! I haven't talked with you in AGES! I just stumbled into your thread since it was somehow displayed in my profile. Must be a weird coincidence.

I've looked over your messages and it is clear to me that you have hypothyroid symptoms. Hypothyroid is caused by iodine deficiency, and iodine (with required supplements) usually cure hypothyroidism within a year.

I know your doctor tested you for this and found that you are OK. However blood testing is not very accurate and many folks who are actually hypothyroid are told by their doctor that they are OK. TSH, T4, T3, etc are just not reliable for very good reasons. It is your body temperature that is the most important measurement. Low body temp (below 98.6) such as 97 degrees means you are hypothyroid. Period end of subject.
    Measuring your body temp
    More on measuring temp

Here are the many symptoms of hypothyroid:
    The most common symptoms:
    * Loss of libido
    * Feeling cold hands or cold feet, chilly in a room at 72 degrees
    * Depression, headaches
    * Hormone imbalance - All of the hormones are dependent on the thyroid
    This one is a double whammy, since iodine deficiency desensitizes the hormone receptors, AND causes hypothyroid.

90% of Americans are iodine deficient:
    Iodine Deficiency Symptoms

Why people are deficient in iodine AND why thyroid measurements are so unreliable.
    1) People don't eat enough seafood & sea vegetables
    2) Halide Chemicals such as Bromisde, Fluoride & Chlorine have displaced what little iodine we have. We live in a sea of these chemicals, they are in our food, water, toothpaste

For more, how to take iodine, what are the required co-supplements, testimonials, procedures:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Best to you,
    Grizz

I did read what Grizz posted. I understand the testing part(that's easy). The supplements seems to be a jumbled mess and I don't know what is what. I need something that is simple and concise to understand. We'll see what happens with this. I don't have a digital thermometer so going to use a mercury(I know, not optimal) but I really don't give a flying shit.

The cold is pretty much gone. I'm just stuffed in the nose and it isn't bad. I just want to sleep.

To give you more of what's going on with me, I have ended a 5 year long friendship recently with someone who I thought was pretty damn important to me. This is the guy who made the redneck jokes and I couldn't get past that. I feel as if I've been out of sorts over this.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Geo-
    Speaking as someone who's going through it:
    If your temp is off (I actually have a fever if I'm normal temp), your hair is crunchy without processing, your skin is dry, you're CONSTANTLY exhausted (a major tip off for me), you have depression, and/ or you're always cold, there's a chnce you you have hyptohyroidism.
    If you think you do, here's what I take:
    Selenium, 200 mcg
    Nature's Way ALIVE! Women's Energy
    Vit D 5k IU,
    in addition to my other stuff.
    That may not cure it (contrary to what Griff believes, I don't think iodine is the cure or know if there even is a cure) but it may help.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Geo-
    Speaking as someone who's going through it:
    If your temp is off (I actually have a fever if I'm normal temp), your hair is crunchy without processing, your skin is dry, you're CONSTANTLY exhausted (a major tip off for me), you have depression, and/ or you're always cold, there's a chnce you you have hyptohyroidism.
    If you think you do, here's what I take:
    Selenium, 200 mcg
    Nature's Way ALIVE! Women's Energy
    Vit D 5k IU,
    in addition to my other stuff.
    That may not cure it (contrary to what Griff believes, I don't think iodine is the cure or know if there even is a cure) but it may help.
    This is the thing, I don't know if I have depression. My typical depression gets on the verge of being suicidal. Right now I'm more or less like fuckitall(which is almost me on a typical daily basis). For instance, today, if I didn't have to get dressed and go to work, I wouldn't even get dressed. Whenever I feel like I have a fever and go to the doctor, my temp is always 98.6. Skin is almost always relatively dry. Not sure what you mean by crunchy hair. Is that like dry hair? If so, then my hair is really dry when I wake up in the morning but that could also be the fact that my hair is curly and that does happen to curly hair easily. I'm not really always cold. I'm pretty much comfortable for the most part but once I get cold, I can't warm up. The only way I can warm up is by a hot bath or sit in a heated space and warm up.

I've actually been considering going back to doing the leptin reset when I start my new job. I can't make it work with my current one just due to the eating schedule I have for work. I feel like I've gained 15-20 pounds in the past month. I haven't stepped on the scale to confirm this. My clothes have all gotten tighter. It doesn't help matters for me much when my husband tells me he prefers bigger women(even though he will throw in that he would still love me no matte what size I am). I know he thinks he's helping me by saying this since I never heard this growing up but I really wish he would just keep his mouth shut.
    Georgette

Honey, "fuckitall," especially "I don't wanna move, let me out of this madness fuckitall," IS a variety of depression. There are varying stages, from low grade to suicidal. It may not be diagnosed, but most shrinks miss low grade anyways.
    Sounds like you do have a low body temp. The hair may not be a good gage for you, then. I can't gage your cold reaction based on that, as that's not the variety of getting cold I'm familiar with.
    Based on the rough body temp estimate, skin, and depression, I'd say you at least have subclinical hypo, but don't quote me on that. Not a doc, yadayada.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honey, "fuckitall," especially "I don't wanna move, let me out of this madness fuckitall," IS a variety of depression. There are varying stages, from low grade to suicidal. It may not be diagnosed, but most shrinks miss low grade anyways.
    Sounds like you do have a low body temp. The hair may not be a good gage for you, then. I can't gage your cold reaction based on that, as that's not the variety of getting cold I'm familiar with.
    Based on the rough body temp estimate, skin, and depression, I'd say you at least have subclinical hypo, but don't quote me on that. Not a doc, yadayada.
    Not a doc but you do play one on TV. If I am hypo, that could explain why I can't seem to friggin lose any weight for the life of me and gain it back so damn easily. Can hypo cause thinning hair to the point of baldness?
    Georgette

Yes, that's generally a major indicator as well.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well fuck me and call me Shirley. Wish I would've known that about 10 years ago.
    Georgette

Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast