Page 88 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 88

geostump is offline Senior Member
    More than likely not accepting this job if its offered. The interview itself went very well. The problem is that I would have to work both Saturday and Sunday and it could be years before I would have either of those days off. Most of the people are single so it works well for them. With the girls, it wouldn't work well for me at all. They want me to call them back on Monday and let them know if I would be interested or not. I still have my other interview on Monday and there could still be something else waiting in the wings.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Rock the interview and if it for sure doesn't work, this: Office Space Movie Remix - Geto Boys - Feels Good To Be A Gangsta - YouTube
    I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks, Kymma!
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Bummer about the job! Working weekends with kids is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The pain was in my upper left hip. I have no clue what you mean by Active Release Techniques. I can presume that they use lasers?
    ART is trigger point therapy. It's performed by chiropractors (who are trained - training is very expensive so most don't do it). It's used to release nerves from entrapment. It's been an amazing tool in my running injuries/sciatica. It hurts, but does a great job of easing chronic pain (for me anyway). Here's a link: Active Release Techniques: A.R.T.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'd be willing to be a personal reference.
    (Dead serious.)
    me too.

I painted my nails at work today and they turned out looking pretty decent. I'm going to drive a little further after work to a consignment shop that should hopefully* have something for me to wear tomorrow. The one I went to yesterday had fairly slim pickings so I was disappointed to say the least. I'm still trying to decide if I should wear a skirt or pants. It's going to be cold out tomorrow.

Question. I need to get printer ink today and I'm wondering if I can any kind of ink or does it have to specific to the printer? I brought the ink cartridges with me today. Any thoughts?
    Just get them refilled at Walgreens. WAY cheaper and no risk for getting the wrong ones... and it's better for the environment (if you care about that kind of stuff).

I pray that I am not having a freak out moment but our printer doesn't work. I changed the ink out on it and it'll print out the test sheet but nothing I try to print. Everything lights up as it should and is plugged in. OH well, guess I'll have to wait until work in the morning and print off my resume from their. Kind of hoping they don't ding me on my interview just because its not on resume paper. Fark!
    What is resume paper? I've always just printed mine on standard photo copier paper.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's a cotton wood pulp bend that feels more expensive and tends to look more "professional."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'll got Walgreens tomorrow and see if they can refill the ink cartridges on my other printer. I just don't know if that one works.

I would have taken the job IF, and this is a huge IF. I would have taken the job if Clint were a better presence in the girls lives. For example, in a previous job where I had to work Saturdays, even when Clint was home, if anything went wrong, the girls were either calling or texting me and wouldn't talk to their dad. I couldn't handle the stress of work and both so I had to quit. Clint doesn't make much of an effort to be a presence in their lives and I keep telling him that when they are older he is going to kick himself in the arse about this. He was great with them when they were little, but when age 9 hit, its like he was lost and didn't know what to do with the girls. Last night, Clint went to bed early as he had to get up early for a training in Cincy that is an overnight stay. The girls and were watching Doctor Who and Heather mentioned how she misses spending time with her dad and the 2 chimed in. I told them they need to try harder with him and that I will talk to him about it. I hope he can find a way to make it work with them. I'd hate for them to not want a relationship with their father when they are older. I keep wondering if this is a major reason why Caitlyn keeps telling me I need to leave him?
    Georgette

The girls and I had creamy shrimp scampi for dinner and it was awesome! I'm so full right now. I'm thinking about heading to bed in 30 minutes, maybe read some of Charlie St. Cloud then hit the sack. Get up a little earlier and do my app and tests for my interview on Monday.
    Georgette

I just a voicemail from the company I interviewed with and apparently, the woman who told me I would have to work both weekend days gave me incorrect information. The woman I met with in HR advised me that with me saying I had a preference for Sundays off, I would be able to have that day off. I've sent Clint a text to see what he has to say. Just waiting on a response about it.

Btw, I'm down in onderland!!! Nice early bday present.
    Georgette

Clint finally responded and he said go for it. I left the HR rep a voicemail saying I'm still interested. Now I just need to wait on them to call back. Darn phone tag! I am going to go for my other interview on Monday just as a back up. You never know what could happen, so I'm covering all my bases. One way or the other, I should have a job to start later in March.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    W00T!!! That's awesome! Congratulations!
    And that's great about them updating the job info, too! Either way, you'll be employed.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your day is just getting better and better.