Page 80 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 80

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I generally don't tell Geek either, unless it becomes a worrying trend (because of my medical history.) I was more commenting on the intake than what Clint said.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    In regards to the whole intake thing, I get hungry, I just don't really want to eat unless it involves bacon or cheese. That's pretty much the only things that sound decent to me.

Off topic here, but I was wondering about something. Since I'm going to be interviewing for jobs soon *groan* and the greys in my hair are starting to come out in full force, should I color my hair? I know there's a double standard about women and men and grey hairs. I really want to let my hair just go grey and say screw it, but I do know that it could help me look younger(not like I don't look young enough right now) and possibly help me land a job. Apparently grey hairs on women don't make us look distinguished? Who knew?
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Apparently grey hairs on women don't make us look distinguished? Who knew?
    I think that very much depends on the woman. Much like some hair cuts/styles look great on some people and hideous on others. As for younger/older looks that depends on the job/hiring person. Personally, I would hire someone who appears competent, mature, and reliable. Age is secondary as is hair color (within reason).

You could theoretically go both ways on it. Use a demi or semi permanent. It'll wash out eventually (20 washes, I think?), but you won't be grey (or as grey) for the interviews. It also won't hurt your hair.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    On a similar note...tattoos. I want a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, just below my hand. I am unsure if this will kill me in job interviews, though I suppose the long sleeved shirt would cover it. Thoughts?

my apologies for changing the subject Geo...everyone, answer Geo's question first (or answer this one over in my journal)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I figure not being grey wont hurt you but being grey could, so I would go with a blondish color and then use a streak type touch up later to allow the grey to come out more naturally if that makes any sense to you.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    You could theoretically go both ways on it. Use a demi or semi permanent. It'll wash out eventually (20 washes, I think?), but you won't be grey (or as grey) for the interviews. It also won't hurt your hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I figure not being grey wont hurt you but being grey could, so I would go with a blondish color and then use a streak type touch up later to allow the grey to come out more naturally if that makes any sense to you.
    The last time I colored my hair was back in October. I'm a natural dark blonde. The length is just a touch lighter than my roots then the greys in office lighting look white as hell and they are becoming more and more prominent. I have to use permanent hair color and that doesn't really cover the greys. I get my hair color from Sally's. I'm kind of thinking maybe I should have it done professionally?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    On a similar note...tattoos. I want a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, just below my hand. I am unsure if this will kill me in job interviews, though I suppose the long sleeved shirt would cover it. Thoughts?

my apologies for changing the subject Geo...everyone, answer Geo's question first (or answer this one over in my journal)
    I really don't think tattoos are too much of an issue anymore unless its a neck tat. Seriously those things are just bad to employers.
    Last edited by geostump; 02-21-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    I really don't think tattoos are too much of an issue anymore unless its a neck tat. Seriously those things are just bad to employers.
    I was thinking of getting, "Hire me. I am not a serial killer, honest!" on my forehead, but can you believe they want $100 for that?!

kidding and thanks for the reply No chance of a neck tattoo.

I would think so long as it can be covered and isn't obscene (just in case your sleeve moves), it shouldn't be an issue, Canio.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I swear, I have this cramp in my lower left hip that makes sitting and standing difficult to say the least. I can feel it pulsing and I have come close to passing out over the pain a couple of times. The only time it feels decent if I am walking. I keep punching it to get it to stop but that isn't helping. Advil isn't working either. Christ.
    I have found that standing in the Capt. Morgan pose helps immensely. I think its the pressure that helps.
    The cramp did eventually go away. It went away magically after my visit with my chiro last night. He got on me about cracking my lower back and hips and I told him when the Russian Circus is in town, all my pain was in that area and that is why it was so out of whack. Felt better within 5 minutes of being there. I'm still thirsty as hell though from last night. Weird. I did drink 36oz of water after leaving the chiro.
    Sounds like a pinched sciatic nerve - something I am all to familiar with and consequently have a monthly chiro appointment for today. YAY! Normally, I have pain on my right, but today I had pain on my left. It throbs and shoots down the back of my leg. Does your chiropractor do any kind of Active Release Techniques or Laser therapy? Mine does both, but I've only had ART done. ART hurts like hell, but does wonders for nerve pinching.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)