Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 8

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just completed my first post-op period and success! No bleeding/cramping, PMS symptoms are rather light. I just have been craving chocolate like a mofo. Still been eating junk. I just really haven't cared much to worry about diet.

Went to a funeral for a woman we've known for a few years. She's a second mom to my oldest niece, the mom of a couple of her friends and an all around good woman. She had a massive heart attack on Labor Day and somehow survived it but barely. The hospital kept her in a medically induced coma. There was nothing more they could do for her and she was pulled out of it Friday night and died right after midnight Saturday morning. She was 49. What was cool was that she was dressed in her Harley leathers. Thought that was totally bad ass and sweet.
    Georgette

I've decided to try to be happy with who I am right now versus worrying about losing weight and stuff. If I'm not happy with who I am right now, how can be happy with myself as I lose weight?
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've decided to try to be happy with who I am right now versus worrying about losing weight and stuff. If I'm not happy with who I am right now, how can be happy with myself as I lose weight?
    GREAT realization! We love you as your awesome self is right now. We just want you to be able to see that, too, which is why I'm so happy to read this!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Can I say this much, I am tired of frigging waiting to get the official word on when I will start my job, Grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    GREAT realization! We love you as your awesome self is right now. We just want you to be able to see that, too, which is why I'm so happy to read this!
    I keep telling myself "if others can accept me for who I am then why in the hell can't I?" I think this is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I made a similar decision to love myself the way I am, after gaining 35 lbs in the last year 15 of which I gained this summer. I am trying to look and feel beautiful every day so, I decided to start wearing dresses and skirts for school. In the last 5 yrs, I have only worn a dress 1x/yr on May Day. This means I am wearing stockings and showing off my "bad" leg even though it is obviously bigger than the other. The funny thing is that I like looking like a girl and I am getting a lot of appreciation. My gay friend says he can't handle all of this dressing up and he wants me to look like a man sometimes.

Anyway, I am now back to eating well for my health, but I discovered that doing things to make myself feel more beautiful even when I really don't, has helped with my self acceptance.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I wear dresses all the time, so for me, femininity isn't the issue. I can do that just fine. If I can just learn to like myself, that'll be a major coup, in and of itself. I really don't know what I can do to like myself. I'm more of a realist, not a pessimist. I'm not much of an optimist at all. I constantly harp on myself about what's wrong with me all the time. It's just a mess of stuff.

On the positive note, my start date for the job is 10/1. The background check and the drug screen came back in the clear. Now, I just have to wait for a start time.

In health news, I have picked up a cold tonight at work so I took some Zicam and drank a hot toddy when I got home. Now I want to sleep until noon tomorrow.
    Georgette

Between the Zicam and the hot toddy, I do feel better. My sore throat is better so I think I may have caught it in time. I have boiled some water for my neti pot and plan on using that in a bit. I wish I didn't have to go to work today, but since I missed Wednesday, I need to get some hours in.
    Georgette

I have found the cure for the common cold: Moonshine. Seriously, get some 'shine in ya, especially the apple pie flavored and it will cure whatever ails you. My cold is about 90% gone after drinking a lot of moonshine last night. I think I'm going to make some myself now and keep it on hand for whenever I get sick.
    Georgette

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Geo's new Primary Care Physician
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast