Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 77

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry things are so hard Geo. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things get better soon! Just try to keep going and believing this too will end.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I never have, yet I have a friend that swears she gets meaner and angry whenever she has a massage or a chiro visit. She attributes it to released toxins. Whether this is true or not is not in my lane, but she says it is true. I always feel great after either one.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I can't say I ever got bitchier. I tended to hurt like hell for a few hours afterwards though.
    It was weird. I was in a great mood on the way there. Caitlyn and I were listening to the radio and singing along to it. It was awesome when we started singing to Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Within about 10 minutes of leaving, I felt bitchy, tired and just generally pissed off at the world. I'm going to ask the chiro about that when I go back Wednesday. I had no soreness whatsoever. Maybe the bitchiness replaced the soreness?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Make sure you hydrate very well afterwards. I often feel tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yes, definitely hydrate. My old chiro (the one I saw as a kid) always told me to hydrate after. Something about what's released with the joint cracking? If I'm sore after, I usually feel GREAT the next day. Yeah, I definitely feel kind of tired though.
    How much water would you suggest one drink afterwards? My appt is at 5:20 so most of my water is already drank by that point.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure of the amount. Pre hydrating is good too. Try for at least 8oz after heading for 16oz.

Another odd thing I have noticed since going to the chiro, my nose doesn't seemed to be nearly as stuffed. It's really weird.

For lunch today, I went to Chipotle and ordered a salad that had lettuce, fajita mix, carnitas, guac and sour cream. Ate half of it and am still full. Saving the rest for tomorrow at lunch. We're having steak for dinner tonight so I plan on enjoying that.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yes this is true Def agree on the water too.

I am sorry things suck so bad right now, I am thinking of you, and hope something improves ASAP. x
    Can I please ask that no one says that they are sorry that things are so bad for me right now? It only makes it worse for me and I tned to think on the negative. Maybe I should stop making posts on crap like that.

To go along with what I just put here, I have a friend that I tend to go to when I have issues and it's male. Well I just got a text message from him saying "I hope you are having a gentle day." I wanted to ask him how a day can be gentle? If I would have said that to him he would've asked me if I were depressed. He did anyways. Well, he said that he worries about me because I seem to be depressed periodically. I said I have not met one person who doesn't go through periodic bouts of depression. I think its actually typical for people to go through this, especially during the modern age. I'm going to admit that yes, I am a major screw up and it's just something that I have to learn to deal. I vent here because I really have no where else to vent to. If it comes across as woe is me or depression, I'm sorry. I don't feel depressed. I'm just venting.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Understood. Sometimes we need to just vent. And this is a good place for it. Not sure if you watch Duck Dynasty (if you don't, you should because it is hilarious) but Phil always says: Happy, Happy, Happy!...So to you: Happy, Hap9py Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Can I please ask that no one says that they are sorry that things are so bad for me right now? It only makes it worse for me and I tned to think on the negative. Maybe I should stop making posts on crap like that.

To go along with what I just put here, I have a friend that I tend to go to when I have issues and it's male. Well I just got a text message from him saying "I hope you are having a gentle day." I wanted to ask him how a day can be gentle? If I would have said that to him he would've asked me if I were depressed. He did anyways. Well, he said that he worries about me because I seem to be depressed periodically. I said I have not met one person who doesn't go through periodic bouts of depression. I think its actually typical for people to go through this, especially during the modern age. I'm going to admit that yes, I am a major screw up and it's just something that I have to learn to deal. I vent here because I really have no where else to vent to. If it comes across as woe is me or depression, I'm sorry. I don't feel depressed. I'm just venting.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I'm not a fan of Duck Dynasty. It reminds me of all the reasons why I hate this little podunk town that I live in. My favorite shows right now are in no particular order: The Walking Dead, The Talking Dead, The Voice, Revolution, Top Gear UK, Doctor Who(classic and revamped) and pretty much everything on BBC America.

Came home, started on dinner and was listening to music on iheartradio and dancing and singing in the kitchen. I was dancing along to Shinedown's Diamond Eyes and the girls were laughing at me. I swear, the beat to that song reminds me of something you'd hear in a strip club, but I love this song.

Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I totally get the the vent thing. I hate putting down the stuff about my husband and about my weakness with binging. But if I don't get it out, I might let it out inappropriately. I'm afraid you guys are going to get tired of the same old BS.

Hey BTW you owe me a PM...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OK sorry Geo, will remove my post.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Well, in defense of your friend (and men everywhere) we get told again and again that women want us to listen and be supportive. Also, if you read the forums here or listen around you will find that women claim to be depressed about 10 times more often than men. Given this, when women act in a way that many of them would label as 'depressed' men try to be supportive. We say things like "Have a gentle day" or "I hope all is well with you" because "STFU and grow a set" is considered impolite. I think it is typical for people to feel sorry for themselves. I also think it is typical for some people to call this depressed. Give the dude some props for trying to do what he has been told he is supposed to do.