Page 75 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 75

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Geo, Goodwill, and Salvation Army as well as thrift stores in general are great places to find a suit. And because you save so much money on the suit itself you can afford to have it tailored to fit you, which is important in job interviews.
    Those stores around here aren't so great on suits unless you're a size 4 or 6 which I am not. I saw that Penneys has some nice suits for around $70 and I can get away with spending that. I'm thinking about going for a grey suit.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I will keep you in my thoughts for finding a really great job quickly!

Their loss, if they base hiring on an interview, instead of the merit of the job you have been performing for them, then there may be hidden things that would make it miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Geo, I will keep you in my thoughts for finding a really great job quickly!

Their loss, if they base hiring on an interview, instead of the merit of the job you have been performing for them, then there may be hidden things that would make it miserable.
    I still would like to be hired here. It's close to home, I get to see my kids during the day sot hat is helpful as well. Most everything else I've seen, I am looking at another long drive, and I am thinking about gas money as well. When things like this happen, I keep wondering what I have done in life to have such bad luck at finding work and essentially keeping work. A friend of mine this morning told me that I'm a good person and something will come around eventually. With the bankruptcy, I don't feel like I have an eventually, I feel like I have to have something NOW and I don't feel like I'm doing my family any good with all this. This is why I feel like I'm essentially a bad person who has even worse luck. I feel like I can't do anything right by those that love me.

*As an aside. I look at things from this probability. If Clint were to die tomorrow, the girls and I would be homeless in a month. That is why I feel so bad about myself. I don't feel as if I could ever provide for myself. I've never been in a situation where I ever had to.
    Last edited by geostump; 02-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    *As an aside. I look at things from this probability. If Clint were to die tomorrow, the girls and I would be homeless in a month.

Tell him to get more life insurance.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Tell him to get more life insurance.
    We had it until the one month we had to decide between food or life insurance. When you have 5 mouths to feed, food wins out overall. We've decided we can't go out and buy a policy until the bankruptcy is over.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We've decided we can't go out and buy a policy until the bankruptcy is over.
    This is precisely why you NEED a policy... and if the bankruptcy courts/officials/whathaveyou get wind of it and give you grief, tell them that without it, if something were to happen, ain't nobody getting paid.

You need to sacrifice for life insurance in some instances but it is vitally important for your kids. What happens if you and Clint are in an accident? Your children would be stuck with the debt and their own survival expenses.

Get the life insurance. It will be worth it, just in case.

Sorry about the job. Rubbing my magic lamp and saving a wish for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

With Clint being a diabetic(even though he isn't currently being treated as one), our prices are through the roof. It's like $70-$80/month for a $100k policy just for him alone. With the paycheck he brings home, the cost of gas, food and all our utilities, most months, we aren't even squeaking by. Some weeks, if he brings home $200(after the bankruptcy is taking out), its a good week.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    With Clint being a diabetic(even though he isn't currently being treated as one), our prices are through the roof. It's like $70-$80/month for a $100k policy just for him alone. With the paycheck he brings home, the cost of gas, food and all our utilities, most months, we aren't even squeaking by. Some weeks, if he brings home $200(after the bankruptcy is taking out), its a good week.
    No options through his employer?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I understand we NEED insurance, but until November, it's not going to happen. I could technically find a way to pay a policy up for a year with our income tax refund, but we are holding onto that money as a cushion with me being out of work. Another thing that I feel el crappo about.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    No options through his employer?
    He's covered for $20k, if he were to elect any higher, it would eat his pay. We don't even have medical insurance due to this.
    Georgette