Page 74 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 74

  1. #731
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    9,856
    Shop Now
    Well, I didn't get the job where I am temping at. The interview was a bad one, so yeah. I have been spending much of the morning here at work looking on job boards to see if I can find something.
    Georgette

  2. #732
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Well, I didn't get the job where I am temping at. The interview was a bad one, so yeah. I have been spending much of the morning here at work looking on job boards to see if I can find something.
    Sorry to hear that Geo

    On another note, I have never been a temp so maybe you can explain this to me...

    You work somewhere, you do a good job, they offer a job, you apply...you have to interview? Why? They already know you. What am I missing?

  3. #733
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,003
    Sorry Geo.

  4. #734
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Geo

    On another note, I have never been a temp so maybe you can explain this to me...

    You work somewhere, you do a good job, they offer a job, you apply...you have to interview? Why? They already know you. What am I missing?
    That's what is different from this company than any other I have temped at in the past. When I was with MS, I started as a temp, on the last day of our assignment, at lunch, all the people that they didn't want to keep, their assignment ended at lunch. Everyone else took lunch as normal and we were kept as temps for 2 months then offered permanent positions. No posting for positions at all. There's nothing that I can do to change it, what's done is done. I need to just move on.
    Georgette

  5. #735
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I need to just move on.
    hugs.

    I hope you find something better and permenant soon.

  6. #736
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,022
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    hugs.

    I hope you find something better and permenant soon.
    This!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  7. #737
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    hugs.

    I hope you find something better and permenant soon.
    I've been looking. Applied to a few. Found some companies hiring that I will apply with over the weekend. I guess its time for me to get a suit perhaps? I need something nice for interviews and I really don't have anything that I feel is interview appropriate.

    Clint and I are going for dinner and maybe a movie. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep during the movie. I may get some coffee on the way home and see if that will help me out.
    Georgette

  8. #738
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've been looking. Applied to a few. Found some companies hiring that I will apply with over the weekend. I guess its time for me to get a suit perhaps? I need something nice for interviews and I really don't have anything that I feel is interview appropriate.

    Clint and I are going for dinner and maybe a movie. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep during the movie. I may get some coffee on the way home and see if that will help me out.
    I feel your pain. I own one pair of pants and they are too big. I don't own a tie. If I ever have to interview again I am screwed.

    What movie are you going to see?

  9. #739
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,526
    Geo, Goodwill, and Salvation Army as well as thrift stores in general are great places to find a suit. And because you save so much money on the suit itself you can afford to have it tailored to fit you, which is important in job interviews.

  10. #740
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    9,856
    We're either talking about A Good Day to Die Hard or Warm Bodies. I'm in the mood for Die Hard though.
    Georgette

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •