Page 74 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 74

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, I didn't get the job where I am temping at. The interview was a bad one, so yeah. I have been spending much of the morning here at work looking on job boards to see if I can find something.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Well, I didn't get the job where I am temping at. The interview was a bad one, so yeah. I have been spending much of the morning here at work looking on job boards to see if I can find something.
    Sorry to hear that Geo

On another note, I have never been a temp so maybe you can explain this to me...

You work somewhere, you do a good job, they offer a job, you apply...you have to interview? Why? They already know you. What am I missing?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Geo.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Geo

On another note, I have never been a temp so maybe you can explain this to me...

You work somewhere, you do a good job, they offer a job, you apply...you have to interview? Why? They already know you. What am I missing?
    That's what is different from this company than any other I have temped at in the past. When I was with MS, I started as a temp, on the last day of our assignment, at lunch, all the people that they didn't want to keep, their assignment ended at lunch. Everyone else took lunch as normal and we were kept as temps for 2 months then offered permanent positions. No posting for positions at all. There's nothing that I can do to change it, what's done is done. I need to just move on.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    I need to just move on.
    hugs.

I hope you find something better and permenant soon.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    hugs.

This!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

hugs.

I've been looking. Applied to a few. Found some companies hiring that I will apply with over the weekend. I guess its time for me to get a suit perhaps? I need something nice for interviews and I really don't have anything that I feel is interview appropriate.

Clint and I are going for dinner and maybe a movie. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep during the movie. I may get some coffee on the way home and see if that will help me out.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    I've been looking. Applied to a few. Found some companies hiring that I will apply with over the weekend. I guess its time for me to get a suit perhaps? I need something nice for interviews and I really don't have anything that I feel is interview appropriate.

Clint and I are going for dinner and maybe a movie. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep during the movie. I may get some coffee on the way home and see if that will help me out.
    I feel your pain. I own one pair of pants and they are too big. I don't own a tie. If I ever have to interview again I am screwed.

What movie are you going to see?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Geo, Goodwill, and Salvation Army as well as thrift stores in general are great places to find a suit. And because you save so much money on the suit itself you can afford to have it tailored to fit you, which is important in job interviews.

We're either talking about A Good Day to Die Hard or Warm Bodies. I'm in the mood for Die Hard though.
    Georgette