Page 72 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 72

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."
    Leo Buscaglia

But I am a worrier too, so I am here worried about you.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is the deal about where I work at(where I hopefully will get hired on), I have applied there 4 times, each time I've been unemployed and never got hired on. I was hoping that starting as a temp would be my jumping point for this company. I'm hoping it still will work, but you never know how a stupid flub on a resume will affect you. This is why I hate spell check. I am typically, my own spell check. I've decided that I am just going to up the fat a bit, I've already had 2 slices of cheese and am drinking a coffee with coconut cream. Seriously, coconut cream is crack. I got it at TJ's last night. The reason I mention that is that I cut my thumb on the edge of the can. OUCH!!!!! Then on the opposite thumb, my nail broke. Oy! What a day!
    Georgette

Trader joes coconut cream is awesome!! I made chocolate mousse out of a can today! It's a bit thick but totally yummy.

Sorry to hear your having a less than stellar day, hopefully the fat helps (as it usually does me) and for what that can't fix I strap on my boxing gloves and give my punching bag hell

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    Trader joes coconut cream is awesome!! I made chocolate mousse out of a can today! It's a bit thick but totally yummy.

Sorry to hear your having a less than stellar day, hopefully the fat helps (as it usually does me) and for what that can't fix I strap on my boxing gloves and give my punching bag hell
    Maybe I need a punching bag? Maybe I can talk Stumpy into getting one with me and helping me with it. I've never punched anything so that may help me out?

Stumpy and I are going out to dinner at a local bar. They have salads, but I'm not in a salad mood. Actually considering getting these potato skins stuffed with pulled pork on top and call it a day. They sound delicious right now and I could make that a meal for myself. Right now, my mind is still somewhat in it's bad place, but slowly getting better.
    Georgette

I love my punching bag, I've found it to not only be beneficial but also therapeutic. If you deal with pent up aggression, unresolved anger, have difficulty expressing yourself in high stress situations (etc) a punching bag could work out very well for you too. Not to mention it's a phenomenal total body workout!

Normally you can find them for under 80.00.

The wonderful thing about a punching bag is that it is something that you CAN hit. It's a positive outlet for many things

I love my punching bag, I've found it to not only be beneficial but also therapeutic. If you deal with pent up aggression, unresolved anger, have difficulty expressing yourself in high stress situations (etc) a punching bag could work out very well for you too. Not to mention it's a phenomenal total body workout!

Normally you can find them for under 80.00.

The wonderful thing about a punching bag is that it is something that you CAN hit. It's a positive outlet for many things
    I actually think I am the only person who has never punched anything. I know shooting a gun is a great stress relief, I've done that before. I am one those people that do the pent up anger thing. I have done that for ages.
    Georgette

I totally agree with you on the stress relief that comes from shooting a gun, I should get to the range one of these days.

With that, and even the punching bag the key element is the release of endorphins. As someone that has many negative ways of releasing endorphins (hitting walls for example, but there's more) the punching bag has actually become a positive one

I totally agree with you on the stress relief that comes from shooting a gun, I should get to the range one of these days.

With that, and even the punching bag the key element is the release of endorphins. As someone that has many negative ways of releasing endorphins (hitting walls for example, but there's more) the punching bag has actually become a positive one
    This is totally true. Hey, what is your chocolate mousse recipe and was it good?
    Georgette

It was very good, and simple. A bit rich so I would plan on it making about four servings (I accounted for two, and it's a bit much)

All it is, is a can of coconut cream (drain off the water) then you take 5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa and whip it together ( you can use a fork) then sweeten it a bit with a little bit of maple syrup or other sweetener( I used just a tiny bit) and add in a little vanilla extract, mix it all together and your set. You can put a dollop of coconut cream or thickened coconut milk on top if you so desire.

If its not as thick as you like, you can leave it uncovered in the fridge for a few hours and it will thicken more

Sweet! Thanks NB!!!

Ok, so I am never eating fried mushrooms again. I am bloated as hell.
    Georgette