Page 70 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 70

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Most books out now are crap. I'm guilty of sticking by a few favorite authors and not really exploring much because so much of it IS shit.
    I've found for me the best way to expand my authors list is to check out the hugo/nebulla nominees. I give the new book 100 pages/an hour and if it is good I finish it. If not, eh, I spent $8 to be entertained (?) for an hour.

Edit: also reading short stories from authors can give you a clue if their longer works will be any good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Well, Pratchett is prolific, King is long winded, Maguire requires chewing, and Moore requires multiple reads to catch all the jokes. That's aside from the rare appearance by Gaiman and a few others.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Well, Pratchett is prolific.
    True, and gets better as he goes along, though Unseen Academicals was not my favorite.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Stephen King has always made me want to pull my hair out. His long windedness drives me bonkers.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Geo, You used to be an actress...what about joining a community theater? There is so much help needed even if you did not want to take the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Geo, You used to be an actress...what about joining a community theater? There is so much help needed even if you did not want to take the stage.
    There is really not much in the way of community theater around here unless I went into Downtown Columbus which is like a 40 minute drive and I would rather shoot myself in the foot than drive downtown at all period. Plus, I don't have the confidence to do it anymore.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Puzzles? There are lots of them at thrift stores and the family can join and quit as they see fit. If you build on a board or such ( you may have something in the garage), you can slide it out of the way under the couch or bed. I'm always surprised how much we enjoy them, but rarely do them. Keeps the TV off or not and encourages discussion time.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Love puzzles. My son and I got into 3D puzzles a few years ago. We buy them cheap at yard sales. But we always run the risk of having missing pieces.

We've tried puzzles, game nights, etc, but doing things as a familly never work out well for us. Somebody gets mad, Clint tells everyone to go to their bedrooms and then he is Mr. Grumpy and it's all bad. We all just kind of do our own thing.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    What in the world do people do for hobbies? I've never really had a hobby in my life before. Other than reading as a kid, that was it. I typically read maybe one-4 books a year. This past year, I read 6 which for me is massive anymore. I had an incident on Saturday where I was flipping bored and I had nothing to do. I literally started to feel stressed and I started crying. In the past, I used to eat when I got like this. Now, I just cry like there is no tomorrow. I literally do not know what to do with myself. I'm worried that something like this will happen again and could lead to a depressive episode. Clint considers this time to cuddle, but I can't. For me, that isn't enough. I need something to work my mind but I have no idea of what. Another problem for me is that hobbies seem to leave clutter and since I am still in the process of de-cluttering the house, this isn't the best of things for me right now. I just hated the feelings that I had Saturday night. It felt lower than I have in quite awhile.
    You could develop a hobby of flying to Iowa from Ohio and cleaning my house when you're bored... *shrug* that's all I've got. lol

If it were me, I'd be doing some scrapbooking, puzzles, play games on Facebook etc, but I'm never bored b/c I have two young kids who trash my house, so I always have something to do.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)