Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 51

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He, his family, and y'all are in my thoughts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh no, I have no religion at all, but I am really hoping Stephen pulls through this, thinking of him and his family.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Today was a fun day. Went to a bridal show with some friends and one of which is getting married. I was bad and had a piece of cake so am totally out of ketosis.
    Georgette

I forgot to add that at the Bridal show yesterday, there was a booth for a local chiropractor's office(one of the more reputable ones here). They did this thermo scan on my neck and my neck is totally out of whack. I have my first appt with them this Saturday. The woman who did the scan kind of turned white and looked at me like I shouldn't be walking or even holding my head up.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I need to see my chiro too. I miss him. I know I need an adjustment because I am beginning to have my arms go numb at night.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I got lucky. The chiro was telling me to use heat, especially damp heat, when I asked him what I could do to help the healing and I discovered the Y has a sauna. I spent all of 10 minutes in there after working out in the 85*F pool. Somehow, those two things convinced my neck to straighten out, almost to the point he couldn't find what had originally been wrong.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I got lucky. The chiro was telling me to use heat, especially damp heat, when I asked him what I could do to help the healing and I discovered the Y has a sauna. I spent all of 10 minutes in there after working out in the 85*F pool. Somehow, those two things convinced my neck to straighten out, almost to the point he couldn't find what had originally been wrong.
    Yay!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I think this damage has been going on for about a good long while. I've had 4 car accidents. The last was in 2009 and I rear ended a Jeep Commander and I remember my head bobbing forward real fast and snapping back. Would explain all the neck pain I've had over the years. I know my mom and second oldest sis have terrible backs but that would be from all those years of lifting dad. When the chiro asked me if I had issues with headaches, sinuses, allergies and asthma and I responded with a yes, I would've never of known that the upper vertebrae contribute to that kind of stuff(even though I am still not fully convinced this is true). I still kind of look at chiros as quacks(mom's influence). I'm just curious to hear what they have to say.
    Georgette

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Chiros are brilliant for lots of things.
    My second son had a fairly quick pushing stage (20 mins) cos I was in a hurry for the pain to stop. And I think that put him out a bit, as he did cry heaps in the early days. A few visits to the chiro (very gentle adjustments), and he was good again.
    Mine helped me with various issues over the years too. Now I use my physio only, he has lots of tools he uses, depending in the issue (ultrasound machine, accupuncture etc).
    Different parts of the body relate to other areas, it is quite fascinating, and can't wait to learn more about it, as I go through my naturopathy course

I saw one 12 years ago as I could only walk bent over. Yeah, not good. Once I could walk straight, I stopped going.
    Georgette

Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast