Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 5

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Crossing my fingers for you!
    Nothing seems to work the way I plan for anything. I think there's a downpour over the house and its name is the year 2012. I wonder if that's all part of the Mayan calendar prophecy?
    Georgette

The plumbing is fixed. Looks like we have a mini mass grave out front.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Add some tomb stones and rock it this halloween!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad the work is finished. I hope it didn't cost too much.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

It was $1500 and I haggled on that. The guy who did the work for us was a total idiot. Thank God I didn't get in trouble with the village we live in, he did. He was fined for not getting the proper permits, not calling the Utility commission to come out to mark the yard and for not putting in the proper pipes. He was going to charge me extra for all of that and I told him I won't pay anything beyond the agreed upon price as this wasn't my screw up, it was his and that he needed to complete the job he started or he was going to be sued, and blasted by the BBB and all over the local news for being a scumbag(this is what happens when I am a hormonal mess, which I was and its slowly fixing itself). When he got to the house, he agreed to everything that I said and the job is complete. The one good thing is that this guy can't do any work her ever again. He's been banned by the village.
    Georgette

One thing I have learned this week is that having a thermal ablation done messes with your hormones BADLY. I think I have told almost everyone I know to either go to hell or how to get there(some people got a lot worse than that), crying at everything, I was tense as hell as well. Scared someone very close to me to where they thought I was close to suicide. Yesterday, I finally felt that ebb subside and started to feel like my old self. Now, I just don't want to be touched at all period.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh justice! Glad you were in a mood and stuck to your guns - I find I get the best deals that way. As you said, he did it to himself and he should pay the costs. I have found many shortcuts that the contractor did when our house was remodeled by the previous owner and am actually tempted to see who pulled the permits for the electrical and let them have it. SO are you planning some new fun landscaping for your yard? It could be a fun diversion if it doesn't cause you to stress over it. Good exercise too and if you get the kids involved, family time (ya I know, I'm a big dreamer - our family projects are always a nightmare).

I'm not much of a landscaper at all. Any form of a green thumb was lost on me. Plus, I really have no interest in gardening. I'm just going to let the mound settle on its and say screw it.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh Geo, I could tell that your hormones were out of whack just by the nature of your posts. I may have to eventually get a full hysterectomy due to the danger of ovarian cancer. But I am hoping to get through menopause before I have to do it. I have heard that getting a full H before full menopause can send you into crazy woman mode overnight.

Did the Docs warn you about the possible hormonal issues?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh Geo, I could tell that your hormones were out of whack just by the nature of your posts. I may have to eventually get a full hysterectomy due to the danger of ovarian cancer. But I am hoping to get through menopause before I have to do it. I have heard that getting a full H before full menopause can send you into crazy woman mode overnight.

Did the Docs warn you about the possible hormonal issues?
    Sorry to hear that.

My doctor didn't warn me. Apparently, it's extremely rare for this to happen after the ablation. I'm feeling much better hormonally than I did the week after the surgery. Now, I just don't want to be touched sexually at all period. I keep wondering if it was really worth having the procedure done. I guess if it isn't one thing, it's another with me. I've tried to just have sex, but I've found not being in the mood doesn't help me much. I'll eventually figure something out.
    Georgette

Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast