Page 36 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 36

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Our furnace is out. Clint is taking off work tomorrow to be here while the technician is out. I've got the oven on for a bit to warm up the house and had everyone put cayenne pepper in our socks for the night to keep the toesies warm.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! Good luck staying warm!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Alright, so after getting the furnace fixed, I am totally bummed. I am dead broke. Have enough money to get gas for both vehicles and that is it. There goes the extra money for Christmas. Yippee
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yippee
    that sucks Geo
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Alright, so after getting the furnace fixed, I am totally bummed. I am dead broke. Have enough money to get gas for both vehicles and that is it. There goes the extra money for Christmas. Yippee
    I hear ya. Last year, Christmas Eve, no heat... guy comes out and fixes the issue (under contract), but find out there is another issue, long story short... we had to buy a whole new furnace. So Christmas is more about seeing people and all the non-monetary stuff this year.

Should just take a picture of the damned furnace and send it out as our card. "Here's your Christmas gift... keeping us warm..."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you would want, I could crochet something for each of y'all, just so there's something under the tree. (Don't even think on using the charity excuse either. I want y'all to have a happier Christmas than just a fixed furnace.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks, naiad, we'll be just fine. But I can totally sympathize about dumping all your money into the furnace, quite literally.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can too. There was a very slim Christmas as a kid due to a furnace replacement. That's why I made Geo the offer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NK, I'll message you later tonight or in the morning. I may take you up on your offer.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh Geo, that is awful. Sorry.