Page 31 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 31

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I don't know if you like to read, but you should check out The Female Brain. I wish I would have read it at 12. I have asked my hubby to read it and plan in buying it for my 14 yo nieces and their mothers for xmas this year. It just helps t understand the behavior and is written so cool.

I know parenting is difficult, but it is great to not give in and make it all better. Too many parents overfunction in that way and mess their kids up. I was one of those kids. I still work on instant gratification blues, .

Glad you got away from the old job. I hate that companies are treating people like drones and not allowing for human happenings at all. It is going to blow up in their faces one day!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hey Kymma. I like to read, but that book wouldn't be up my alley. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell anyone that men and women think differently. I'm attempting to read a book called Who's Pulling Your Strings and for me, its more like Who's Pulling Your Teeth. If you haven't figured that out by the age of 10, then you need to live under a rock, stay there and never leave. My husband doesn't read at all period and the idea of him reading something like that would be damn funny. My middle daughter may read it(if Harry Potter shows up in the book).
    Georgette

I thought that way about it too, but it was a great and funny read and I learned a ton about my neuroscience. But of course, to each his own, I am just recommending it to everyone, that is how much I enjoyed it. I have some tomb called Women, Our Bodies, Our Mind or some such that makes me want to have a bonfire when I think of perusing it! I think it may be time for a great fictional book next!

Kymma, if you're looking for good fiction, pick up The Hunger Games series if you haven't read it yet. Good stuff. I've made it a bit further through Who's Pulling Your Strings and its actually pretty decent. It's about manipulation and how to stop yourself from allowing others to manipulate you. Sad thing is I've allowed others to manipulate for awhile now and its become a defense mechanism for me; so I can hide my true feelings.
    Georgette

Loved hunger games! I have never read Harry potter so maybe I will now.

I just purchased the Harry Potter series for my middle daughter for Christmas. Half are hardcover and the rest are paperback. $36 for the entire lot at Half Priced Books.

My MIL texted me while at work yesterday. The I am The Stig shirts came in from BBC America. After I took Heather up to the high school for her instrument fitting(she is an official trumpet player) and then to her youth group, I went to my MIL's to see the shirts. They're so cool! Christmas Eve, I will have pics of me and Clint in our shirts. I got myself a large shirt, figuring it would fit me well. It looks pretty big on me. All my large tees are big on me right now. Wore a pair of size 14 dress pants yesterday that I haven't worn since July I believe. They fit perfectly. Alright, time for a shower and getting Heather off to school before work.
    Georgette

To go with my last post, I have on a pair of size 14 trouser jeans that I wore last Friday and they were a bit tight. I put them on this morning and they are baggy all over. The shirt I have on is baggy in the gut. I've never seen my body change so much in just a short time with not working out and eating potatoes! Fucking A!!!!!
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Oh, you are doing the potato thing? Huh, glad to see it is working for you

Yeah, I'm eating potatoes daily. Typically at dinner. I don't get the crazy cravings like I got in the very beginning of going primal. I'm also eating 1-2 squares of dark chocolate daily as well.

I'm thinking body composition wise, I am close to where I was in high school, but curvier. I really think that I've had issues with dairy all my life. It would make sense as my dad was lactose intolerant.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Go Geo!!!!!! You may need to go back and get a Medium Stig.