Page 30 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 30

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I've only tried Trader Joe's brown rice pasta once. It was pretty gross. After being refrigerated, however, it tasted fine. Maybe we overcooked it or something? The texture was just really weird when it was freshly cooked (made baked chicken parm, used rice-based bread crumbs for the chicken).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    So my cheese grater would work, awesome. I'm trying to spend as little on extras as possible right now. With Christmas, bills and knowing that I won't get paid for not working for 2 days the week of Thanksgiving(the office I work at is closed and the agency I work for doesn't pay for holidays, bitches). How would I sautee' them? I'm terrible at sauteeing and steaming certain veggies(unless they come in a steaming bag) and I know I have a tendency to overcook zukes.

I officially started Christmas shopping today. There was a craft bazaar at work and I bought a bunch of cute stuff for the girls. Spent only $34 so very proud of myself.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Heat oil in pan, saute until a noodly texture (approx 3-5 min.) If you nuke it, it's 1 min in my overpowered beast of a microwave.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks, NK. I'll try that out sometime soon.

Did a little more Christmas shopping last night. Clint and I are HUGE fans of the British version of Top Gear. Seriously funny and good show. I ordered the both of us shirts that say, "I am The Stig". His is navy and has the backside of The Stig on the back and mine is red and has The Stig standing with his arms crossed next to a badass sports car. We're doing Christmas at our house on Christmas eve this year then doing Christmas morning at his mom's. Told Clint that he has to wait until Christmas eve to get his shirt. He was pouting and stuff but I wouldn't let it change my mind. Besides, I had stuff shipped to his mom's. Yep, I am one smart cookie.
    Georgette

Why in the fucking hell is being a parent so fucking difficult????? My eldest did a not so intelligent thing last night. She put the Aussie on a leash and kept him in the house, her cellphone was in her hand and Clint didn't realize Bandit was on the leash, dog came flying and so did the cellphone, right onto the floor. Now, the screen won't light up but she can still dial out on it. She refuses to use it. So just now, she started bitching about probably not having a phone to use until at least January. The minute she said that, I turned around and told her that if she mentions the phone again, she won't have a phone again until she gets a job EVER. That's when she started going on and on about not having a life and I told her not to talk me about that. She is the one who screwed up last night and she needs to stop acting like a dumb blonde. I told her that she's a smart girl but if she acted like she was intelligent, people would be more apt to want to be friends with her. I told her acting stupid doesn't win any friends and that if she acted smart, her friends would want to be around her more often and her confidence would be much higher. Some days, being a parent makes you feel like shit.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Hugs Geo.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Well, I don't have it that bad YET, but I do have twin girls.

You know, my one daughter is rather socially inept. At age 11 she can't even call people on the phone without major issues. TEXTING has ruined kids, if you ask me. My kids don't even know the phone numbers of their best friends. I am MAKING them get the numbers for ME. It's amazing to me.... when I was a kid, girls especially, spent HOURS on the phone. Now they just have sore thumbs, and can't communicate properly.

My kids use an iTouch to text. They both want phones. I am extremely hesitant on that.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Antho00ny View Post
    I will more than likely have a thermal ablation done in the next month. Which would be amazingly awesome!

Really spamtard????? Thank you for bring that up again!
    Georgette

I have 3 daughters, the youngest two are 11.5 months apart. On the 28th of November, my youngest will be 11 and she and the middle daughter will be the same age until December 14. The oldest will be 14 in January.

Back from getting my youngest daughters trumpet. So happy she got it. She is now practicing. My oldest is teaching her how to play it. She played baritone in 6th grade, so she has an idea on how to play brass instruments. She's also kick ass on the clarinet and has had no training on it. Damn, wish I could get her into music lessons. Got the youngest some jeans and a couple of tops at a consignment shop and the oldest a pair of shoes. Picked up the Harry Potter books for the middle daughter today. Spent $36 on the books for her. Super stoked that I got them for her.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I just found out I should be glad I left the old job. If I wouldn't have, I would've lost my job last Friday due to have taking unscheduled time off. They got rid of 75% of the staff there. God/The Universe works in strange ways.
    Georgette