Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 3

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A fellow Ohioan! Didn't realize there were many here. Just wanted to say hello.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hola Lexie! I'm in the central part of the state. What part are you in?
    Georgette

If anyone has any ideas on anger management skills, I really need them. I have had a tendency as of late to really go off on people, especially the ones I care about the most. I basically keep everything inside then it boils over to the point that I can't handle it anymore and I just go off on people by telling them what is wrong with them, how they are wrong and why they can't fix it. It's been that bad lately.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I heard something recently that I thought was a good view point in reference to people. When we get mad at them or hold grudges, we see the bad or the "guilt" in them. This person was suggesting that God sees the good or "innocence" in people. While I am not a religious person, I have been really trying to use this technique with those who really piss me off (teen age daughter anyone?) and I must admit that things seem to be getting better.

My other go to is tequilla, but I can't reccomend that solution to anyone

I had a beer at 11 and I still have to leave for work. Good start, huh? Our plumbing at the house is all fucked up and we have to hire someone with a backhoe to come out, dig up the yard and the plumbers will then lay in new pipes. I was talking with a friend earlier and I just started cussing, not at him, but at the situation. He started to tell me I need to cool it with the potty mouth and then he started to lay in with the redneck jokes and I pretty much told him to stfu or I was going to go to his house and beat him down. I've worked my entire life to not fit the "redneck" stereotype and by him doing that, it set me off even worse.
    Georgette

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Hola Lexie! I'm in the central part of the state. What part are you in?
    Central as well - live in the 'burbs, work downtown Columbus.

No tips on anger management, really. When I get angry, I have hard time dealing with it too. I have noticed that meditation has helped me lower my day to day frustration levels, though. I still get angry, but it usually takes longer.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Niacin, Vitamin C, B Complex, Vitamin D

Super Ultra Mega Levels.

like 2 grams each daily
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had that too. Like, go off on my niece because she was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's gotten loads better since going Primal, but there are a few tricks I've started using.
    1) Sitting down and writing it all out. Not a letter or any of that BS. On here, on FB. Then, I click away from the page so I don't have the urge to hit submit.
    2) Really cultivating the "Fuck'em attitude." That attitude that if their bullshit doesn't work, fuck them and the horse they rode in on. Telling the steering wheel that thus- and-so can go bleep someone's beep with a side of my bleep. Once you can really develop that idea, the anger is more of a flash boil: you're pissed, you rant or dismiss them, it's over.
    3) Pick a mantra that means something to you, something that you can repeat ad infinitum to remind you to calm the hell down and drop what's bugging you. Mine's "I can do this." I know a young lady whose mantra is "God'll smite them." Another couple I've heard are "Let go and let God" and "Let it be." Use it. Use it like a Catholic uses the rosary. It becomes a concentration aid, a mini prayer, a mini meditation, or a mini rage release, depending on your tone.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I use "I can do this" when faced with a tough task and "All is well" for the general anxiety that life can pop up with. Anger is different for me though. I also use the potty mouth a lot when pissed and try to let it go. The plumbing thing is a real pisser though. It's not a temporary pissing bull crap kinda thing. It's a real life crappy big project kinda thing. Expensive and will take some work to fix. I would have gone off on a "friend" who was correcting me in that situation too. You have every right to be pissed. You work too damn hard and the crap just keeps a comin'. Plus you just had your ablation and that wigs out your body a bit. Hormones can determine "crazy" or "sane" days - atleast as I've seen and had experiences.

I also promise myself that tomorrow will be a better day just to get through this one sometimes. Sending mellow vibes... and a hug.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, on days when life's just fucking you over with a splintery broom, those are my drinking days. I'll come home and just rant to the air, cussing out everything and everyone from Satan up to God and back down the ladder. Go, get a beer, still turning the air around me blue, and then go find something to destroy or attempt to destroy. Physical violence at least brings me down to sane level of infuriated, at which point rationale and logic can start donig their damn jobs.
    I would've gone off on that "friend" too. I'd honestly have shown him just how ghetto a redneck I can be.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast