Page 29 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 29

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I can't just eat the sauce, that's the problem. I could when I ate a shit ton of dairy, but now its difficult for me too. Besides, I find I do better with about 75g carbs daily. That is why I keep the rice and potatoes around.
    Ah, makes sense

geostump is online now Senior Member
    @Naiad, thanks for posting the link for that pasta. I've found a few local places that I can get it and one isn't far from work. I've never tried to make zuke pasta. Seems almost like too much work for something like that. Especially when my knife skills are not that great.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I've also just sauteed broccoli slaw to use as a noodle base.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I've also just sauteed broccoli slaw to use as a noodle base.
    That is a damned good idea. Stealing that one.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @Naiad, thanks for posting the link for that pasta. I've found a few local places that I can get it and one isn't far from work. I've never tried to make zuke pasta. Seems almost like too much work for something like that. Especially when my knife skills are not that great.
    No, it is easier than cutting and baking the spaghetti squash, tastes better, and is WAY cheaper. I got a julienne peeler at an International market (looks like a small cheese grater on one end and like a regular peeler on the other) for $4. It's awesome. I'm not doing tomatoes right now, but plan to have some shrimp pesto on it soon. TO DIE FOR and easy. Take it from the one pot wonder over here.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Kymma, Haven't seen you in a while.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Hey Pebbles! Your show looks super fun, I was reading a bit of your journal. I am doing a play for the first time in a decade. I am also back on the wagon big style, insulin resistant. No metformin for me, it is diet and exercise all the way. Let food be thy medicine, since it has surely been my poison!

Glad to see all of you lovely ladies still at it. I hope you don't mind me jumping back in. I don't know if I'll do the journal thing. Kind of thinking of using my blog for thoughts, and I'm tracking on sparkpeople to make sure I stay in my carb range for now.

Husbands and money, sheesh, it is so hard isn't it? I'm off the pill and excited and terrified. My DH needs a new job, bc he doesn't make steady income and it is time for him to start his career. Luckily, he is motivated and more open to advice and new methods than he has ever been. I just get nervous to throw a baby on top, but I'm almost 38, so we are just allowing the chips to fall where they may. Communication is key, and is so trying. Self care and letting go of being an overfunctioner have saved my marriage. When he says some bs to me, I calmly look at him and redirect. It had eased my anxiety to not be responsible for the whole show, not to always feel like I have to fix it, to tell him the truth of what I can do, instead of killing myself to fix things and resenting him for it, I just don't anymore. If you get a chanvce to do some reading on overfunctioning and the underfunctioning it creates, do, it saved me from getting in my car and driving away and never looking back!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Ok, for those of you that do the zuke noodles, would a vegetable peeler work to make them and how do you cook them? And how much would I need to feed just myself? I know the fam damily won't eat them. Tris would be the only to eat them other than myself.

Officially started Christmas shopping on lunch. Got the girls some very cute jewelry and hair accessories at a holiday bazaar downstairs at work. Now, I need to order a few things from Amazon and BBC America and I'll pretty much done.
    Georgette

You could probably make them with a cheese grater or even just slicing them into strips. I find that the seedy middle doesn't work so great, so I stop when that is all that is left. You can steam them or saute them. One medium is good for one person, and if you make too much, leftovers!

Zucchini Noodles – Easy, Tasty, and Gluten-Free!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I make it with a mandolin, but pre mandolin, I used a peeler and knife (to cut the peeled bits to the right width). My knife work isn't awesome enough to get good, thin noodles. I generally need a large zuke for just me, cut in half and seeded with a spoon before I start peeling.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome