Page 28 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 28

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Alright, too much Canio love going on in here! Hell, I love the man too. I'm feeling kinda snarky today apparently.

Last night, the old man and I got in another money dispute. This time over getting Heather an instrument for band. He told me $25/month was way too much to do rent to own on an instrument. Told him that if I had to, I would get a second job to cover it. He got all pissy with me on that. I checked on Craigslist. Nothing of decent price and the one trumpet(that's what she wants to play) I found, when I asked the poster to email me a picture, I never heard back. Decided to do a post on FB, just to see if anyone had anything and I started talking to my sis in SC. She did a post on her page and one of her friends is giving Heather a trumpet at no cost! Eat that DH!!!!

I think I'm in ketosis. Apparently, even with eating potatoes, dark chocolate and rice like I do, I'm still in ketosis. I have that metallic taste to my mouth. Been drinking water like its nobodies bidness and am getting compliments on the weightloss. I guess I need to start working out now. Not looking forward to that. I'm not so sure my arms can handle much lifting right now. I get horrible pins and needles feeling in them and my hands seem to go numb easily. I have a sneaky suspicion that carpal tunnel could be the culprit but I refuse to have the surgery. Oh, and did I mention that the inside of my right now seems to pop when I walk? Yeah, I'm 36 and frigging falling apart.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    See Jon, didn't you miss us fawning all over you?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hey Geo, just catching up a little on your new thread. Glad you found a trumpet for your daughter!

The popping - is that in your hip? Have you ever seen a chiropractor for things like that? My hips pop when I do squats and kettlebell swings and it's a bit better after a chiropractic appointment. It takes time and appointments for the muscles to learn the right way to hold everything in place, but I have seen improvement. I got once every few months or as needed for pops and pains.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My numb arms and tingling get better at the chiro as well.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    See Jon, didn't you miss us fawning all over you?
    I did

Geo - $25 a month doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Tell Stumpy to lighten the hell up.

@NW, my hips are good now. Having the thermal ablation done in August actually helped with the hip pain I've had in the past. The hips used to be so bad that during TotM, I felt like I would lose them and would fall on my arse. It's actually the inside of my right knee that is popping periodically. It's been like this for about the past week. I keep thinking I may get some glucosamine and see if that helps. Right now having no insurance means no doctor or anything of the like. I'll live, I always do.
    Georgette

@Jon, actually get to pick up a free trumpet this Sunday. Super stoked for Heather.

@Paula, I was dx'd with carpal tunnel at 23. The doc that did the dx says I've had it since I was 17. With no insurance and not having a lot of money to get treatments, I will at least have to wait until this time next sure(as long as we have coverage) to go to a chiro.

Ok, do any of you use rice pasta? I can't get over the weirdness of it. I've thought about seeing if TJ's has corn pasta(heard in the past they do). I despise spaghetti squash with a passion(I'll eat it, but it's like drinking bad liquor for me). HELP!!!!
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Have you tried zuke pasta?
    I know HEB carries a corn/ rice pasta that's actually pretty good. It's a bit firmer and a bit nuttier than regular pasta. Doesn't fall apart into a starch blob and doesn't stay inedibly hard. Doesn't reheat well, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @Jon, actually get to pick up a free trumpet this Sunday. Super stoked for Heather.

@Paula, I was dx'd with carpal tunnel at 23. The doc that did the dx says I've had it since I was 17. With no insurance and not having a lot of money to get treatments, I will at least have to wait until this time next sure(as long as we have coverage) to go to a chiro.

Ok, do any of you use rice pasta? I can't get over the weirdness of it. I've thought about seeing if TJ's has corn pasta(heard in the past they do). I despise spaghetti squash with a passion(I'll eat it, but it's like drinking bad liquor for me). HELP!!!!

Awesome about the trumpet!

Sucks about the chiro!

No, but that sounds foul. I'd just eat the sauce.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't just eat the sauce, that's the problem. I could when I ate a shit ton of dairy, but now its difficult for me too. Besides, I find I do better with about 75g carbs daily. That is why I keep the rice and potatoes around.
    Georgette