Page 25 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 25

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not a breakfast fan, at least of what most people eat at breakfast.... I don't particularly like eggs, bacon is great but I don't want too much of it. I did, however makes my own breakfast sausage yesterday and it was loved by everybody in the house! In fact, my wife asked me to make it for stuffing for Thanksgiving.

What I usually do for breakfast is look to reheat any leftovers we have. Pretty much, in my house, I am the only one who eats leftovers. If I didn't, almost any leftover would be fed to the dogs or thrown away.

I may have to give up dairy as well. I hear it stalls many people. I think I am one of those people.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We love breakfast in our house. We love it so much that we have "brinner" nights. I've found a way to make frozen hashbrowns work so that has them excited.

I made mayo for the first time ever. I am not a fan of the stuff at all period, but since I like ranch dressing and all, well, I had to make it so I can have my dairy free version of it. I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a fail. It seemed a bit runny but hell, I didn't want to burn up my stick blender motor. I found a recipe using coconut milk with vinegar in it for that buttermilk sensation.

I've got some beef and pork ribs in bbq seasoning in the oven. Figured we'd do that for dinner along with baked potatoes and sweet potatoes and some veggies. Making some soup for the sick little Heather today.

I'm the leftover eater in the house. I take them for lunch. It works out well, especially when we only get 30 minutes.
    Georgette

Georgette's Dairy Free Bacon Ranch Dressing

1 Cup Coconut milk
    1/2 cup baconaisse
    2 tsp white vinegar
    Juice of one lemon
    1 tbsp dried chives
    1 tsp dried dill
    1 tsp dried parsley
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp dried mustard
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Put your coconut milk in a bowl with the vinegar and lemon juice and let set for 5 minutes. Get all your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix your baconaisse and your dry ingredients together and slowly stir in the "butter" coconut milk. Let set in the fridge until ready to use. The most delicious ranch dressing EVER!!
    Georgette

Breakfast for today is 1 pork rib and one beef rib with bbq sauce. Lunch is a cup of vegetable beef soup and a salad w/my homemade ranch. Back is still flipping sore. Not sure what I have done with it, but it hurts.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    FYI, our grocery store here carries cheddar made from sheep's milk. You might try something like that and see if you react the same as you do to cow dairy.

NK, HEB Midland's cheese counter.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    FYI, our grocery store here carries cheddar made from sheep's milk. You might try something like that and see if you react the same as you do to cow dairy.

NK, HEB Midland's cheese counter.
    IDK if I would try that. I'm not a fan of cheeses like feta or chevre to where I would want to try cheddar made from sheep's milk. Twibble, do you know what brand the cheese is?
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    I have printed out the ranch dressing recipe.....
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

You'll like the dressing, PP.

Dinner at Casa de Stump will be burgers with fried eggs with potatoes cooked in bacon fat with onion and mushrooms. I will make the shrooms for myself. I am craving mushrooms like nobodies business.
    Georgette

I survived Vote 2012 this morning. Had a 20 minute which was the longest wait I've ever had in the little podunk town that I live in. My MIL and oldest sis had a 45 minute wait, so not too bad. I talked to my sister in line while she was waiting and she told me that she thought I looked like I have lost weight. Good to hear that. I haven't gotten on the scale in months and I don't plan on it. I really need to start working out. Just having trouble getting my arse out of bed in the mornings.
    Georgette

Great, I'm craving something gooey and cheesy and there ain't nothing I can eat without making me feel blah. This sucks like hell. I've noticed my appetite has decreased big time. I'm getting tired of coming up with food ideas.
    Georgette