Page 24 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 24

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think, come November, I'll be in your boat. I'm looking at cutting most dairy in the hopes of clearing some of my "allergies," and some of my favorite foods are extraordinarily cheesy. I can offer you commiseration and support, but I dunno how I'll go dairy free. It'll be a bitch.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Another reason that I'm feeling a bit pissy with food is this, I pretty much have to give up dairy. Woke up this morning having a minor asthma attack after eating dairy last night. I tried taking Lactaid when I ate some greek yogurt and it did help keep the mucous from building up. That was a relief. I've been exhausted all day from the asthma attack last night. Been to the point of tears because I don't want to give up dairy. I feel like I'm going to have 0 variety in food and won't be able to eat anything I like. I hate coconut milk with a damn passion. I do use almond milk in smoothies but can't figure out what else to use it for. I feel stuck and lost now.
    I'm hoping that some of what you are feeling is your body's response to the asthma attack and will lessen as you start to feel better. Asthma is exhausting! I used to get attacks often, but now that I know my triggers (smoke/smog and cold/ rhino virus) I haven't had an attack in years. It really is the suck that something as simple as a greek yogurt could do that to you. Is there a special treat that you enjoy and is good for you that you could get to ease some of this feeling? Maybe some more of that awesome steak? Personally, I love some good dark coffee and some Lindt 90% chocolate. That and a walk alone with my dog.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I'm hoping that some of what you are feeling is your body's response to the asthma attack and will lessen as you start to feel better. Asthma is exhausting! I used to get attacks often, but now that I know my triggers (smoke/smog and cold/ rhino virus) I haven't had an attack in years. It really is the suck that something as simple as a greek yogurt could do that to you. Is there a special treat that you enjoy and is good for you that you could get to ease some of this feeling? Maybe some more of that awesome steak? Personally, I love some good dark coffee and some Lindt 90% chocolate. That and a walk alone with my dog.
    Actually, what did this to me was my hashbrown casserole(sour cream and cheddar cheese). I took the Lactaid with the greek yogurt to see if it got rid of the mucousy feeling and it did. Seems like everything I really enjoy is bad for my lungs. I use cheese as a quick go to for when I need a quick snack. Ice cream is one of my favorite treats. Don't get me wrong, I like steak and chocolate, but when it comes to ice cream, its love. I can't even have my favorite fucking food ever(pizza) anymore.
    I was actually thinking today that I wish I had never tried this primal way of eating.

I've been living on mucinex for the past 2 months due to all of this. I've been hungry all day due to this, yet I don't feel like eating much. I love bacon and eggs, but there is only so much of both I can handle. Pretty soon, I'm going to have issues with eggs or bacon. Fuck.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry about the dairy. I should give it up too.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Took Heather out for ToT last night. Walked for an hour and a half in misting rain and cold. Actually had a good time. My asthma didn't even bother me. She made out like a bandit. The other 2 went with their church youth group. Day 2 of no dairy and thus far, so good. Tried on a pair of sz 14 trouser jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of months and they are actually comfortable. And it's TotM for me and no bloat. Trying to decide on type of workout that I need to start doing. Thinking I may start off with just walking for a week or 2 then add in some bodyweight or light lifting.
    Georgette

Did a little experiment today. Went to Chipotle for lunch and got a bol with a little sour cream and cheese on it. Took a lactaid and I've been gassy and bloated even after taking it. Talked to Caitlyn and she get the same. I don't get the mucous build up and she doesn't get the upset stomach. I guess its a partial win?
    Georgette

Well, with dropping grains AND dairy, I'm dropping fat big time. My size 16 pants are huge, 14's are baggy in the leg. Plus, I'm walking a lot more at work. I take the stairs to our part of the building on the 3rd floor, I probably walk a mile a day in the building. I'm thinking next week, I'm going to start walking in the mornings before I get ready for work in the mornings. Starting on the 12th, I'll be working 9:35a-6:05p so walking before work will be a A LOT easier.

I was getting ready for bed last night, and Clint was telling me I'm getting "too thin". I was like really? I'm still a 14/16. It's not like I've dropped 30 pounds in a week and a half. He's got this thing where he likes more full figured women. I don't want to stay in that area and I told him he has to learn to accept and love me no matter what my size is. He seemed disappointed.
    Georgette

Going to attempt to make some mayo so I can make dairy free ranch. I hope I don't puke when I do that. I really have an aversion to mayo. I ate 2 salads today and feel as if I am getting tired of salads so I'm going to try making some soups this weekend. Adjusting to no dairy isn't too bad, just that it seems like EVERYTHING I used to eat had dairy in it. I'll still have some at special occassions but beyond that, I stay away. I even ate chili the other day without cheese and did alright.
    Georgette

Getting ready to go out to dinner with the fam and some friends of ours. Going to a local wing place and found that I can get unbreaded chicken fingers in whatever sauce I want there. Totally stoked about that. Helped the hubs clear out the garage a bit today, fixed the vacuum and am currently witnessing the Buckeyes kick some Fighting Illini tail.

Heather has come down with a bit of a cold after trick or treat. I'm surprised I haven't caught one at this point. Maybe getting rid of dairy is helping with that? I do know that I need to cut back on the coconut products. It's like colon blow.
    Georgette

I know I've said it before, but breakfast really is the bestest meal of the day.
    Georgette