Page 23 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 23

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Clint braved the rain and grilled out the steaks tonight and they were AMAZING. I think this new butcher in town gets grass fed steaks. They were the best steaks ever. Cut like butter and tasted so amazing. Going back to get more soon.
    Georgette

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Georgette,

We are just getting the beginnings of the storm right now.... no real wind yet, but rain is fairly hard.... They have already canceled school for my kids tomorrow, and I bet they will for Tuesday, as the brunt of the storm is expected to hit on Monday night. By the time it is over we are expected to have received about 8" - 10" of rain. My neighbor hood should be just fine, but there is a creek about 1 mile from where I live that can overflow with 3" 4" of rain.... 6" of rain will submerge the bridge on the creek..... 10" of rain will put some businesses near there underwater. The car dealer has already moved all his cars ( about 300 cars ) to a safer location.

And last night I was at a party that had lots of people there who work in the related mortgage industries.... seems that people's closing have been put on hold by the insurance companies until at least 72 hours after the storm passes.

Personally, I think it will not be bad as bad as predicted. ( in my immediate area )
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Thanks Papa. I'm not too sure how its going to go here in Central Ohio. Starting at noon today, we are under a High Wind Warning. My kids have school today thus far. Tomorrow should be interesting. My husband doesn't think it'll be bad just because we have a generator now. Western Ohio supposed to get sleet/snow overnight, here just rain. Personally, I'd rather have the rain. Our car dealerships in town are at the top of a hill. That derecho that came through at the end of June caused us to put an insurance claim on the house. I'm hoping to not have to have another one from this.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Weird. We have wind, but no rain here, about an hour north of NYC.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Well we're getting rain and wind in the mid 20's. I guess its supposed to pick up a little tonight, but I don't see it being too bad for us. I think the media needs to report on something. I just hope it doesn't ruin Halloween. I can see worrying if I lived closer to the coast.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, we got nothin. Well, it's a little chilly for the season, but that's it. We're well out of the reach of Sandy.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, still have power. Just rain and wind here. Talking about the next 24 hours being the worst. Heard on the radio, we may have 1" of slushy snow in the morning. One school in a neighboring county is on a 2 hour delay already. They said don't be surprised to see all schools here closed in the morning due to wind. Just saw on the news that we're getting gusts to almost 40MPH.
    Georgette

We never lost power from the storm. Snow is falling like a mofo out but not sticking on the ground. The wind kicked up my asthma something fierce this morning. Thinking about going to the doctor Thursday after work to see if its just my asthma kicking up or a mild URI.

I'm going to try Lactaid out today for when I have dairy, see if it keeps the phlegm down. Caitlyn says it does. She has really bad lactose intolerance so we've bought it so she can have dairy. She's stubborn like her mama, doesn't want to give it up. I feel like I've given up so much right now, given up the wheat. I actually cried for a bit last night due to it. Clint knows how hard it is for me right now and said he's going to help keep me from eating it because he knows how much I hurt when I do. Not sure why, but I feel like a damn loser cause of this. Not sure how else to describe it.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You aren't a looser - the food industry is for making our food the crap that they have. I feel like I'm a winner to discover what was slowly killing me before it finished the job. I have also found that some things that used to set off such pain in me now do not. Just making potatoes for the family (not even eating them) would cause me serious joint pain the next day, but now, I have discovered that I can without reaction. Little things like this make me think I may be healing on a very deep level. I don't miss those foods now because I look at them as poison.

Another reason that I'm feeling a bit pissy with food is this, I pretty much have to give up dairy. Woke up this morning having a minor asthma attack after eating dairy last night. I tried taking Lactaid when I ate some greek yogurt and it did help keep the mucous from building up. That was a relief. I've been exhausted all day from the asthma attack last night. Been to the point of tears because I don't want to give up dairy. I feel like I'm going to have 0 variety in food and won't be able to eat anything I like. I hate coconut milk with a damn passion. I do use almond milk in smoothies but can't figure out what else to use it for. I feel stuck and lost now.
    Georgette